Dry cough since vaccine. Type 2 Diabetes?

Kazor13

I've had a niggly dry cough with my tongue looking white for two weeks since I got the vaccine. I can't shake it off and have been to the dentist to see if it's thrush but seemingly not according to her. I'm starting to think it's an underlying condition. I'm now refluxing when coughing. Plenty of saliva. It's awful. I'm looking to get a blood test.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it would be a good idea to see your GP. and ask them.

It would be helpful for you to fill in the information on your profile so we know what type of diabetes you have, and what medication you are on.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you would be best speaking to a doctor. As far as I’m aware a cough has nothing to do with a diabetes diagnosis. Did you get a covid test for the cough?

Are there any other symptoms that make you think it’s diabetes?

Kazor13

I think you would be best speaking to a doctor. As far as I’m aware a cough has nothing to do with a diabetes diagnosis. Did you get a covid test for the cough?

Are there any other symptoms that make you think it’s diabetes?
got Covid test yesterday was negative. Only other maybe is blood in my right nostril sometimes happens when I sneeze. So that white on tongue and the nose but no thrist symptom. I'm getting bloods next Friday.

Blood thing was happening before vaccine but the cough situation transpired after it. I've had some oral thrush in the past which nystatin cleared up. This time it didn't. I am 23st too.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok if your cough started 2 weeks ago & you only got the test yesterday there’s a chance you had covid but it’s now undetectable. It’s recommended to get tested at the onset of symptoms.

I guess oral thrush can sometimes be a symptom of diabetes but usually combined with the more classic symptoms of increased thirst, increased urination & tiredness. You are also pretty young to develop Type 2.

Why are you concerned you have diabetes? So far you’ve not mentioned any symptoms that would indicate this.

Reactions: HSSS

Kazor13

Ok if your cough started 2 weeks ago & you only got the test yesterday there’s a chance you had covid but it’s now undetectable. It’s recommended to get tested at the onset of symptoms.

I guess oral thrush can sometimes be a symptom of diabetes but usually combined with the more classic symptoms of increased thirst, increased urination & tiredness. You are also pretty young to develop Type 2.

Why are you concerned you have diabetes? So far you’ve not mentioned any symptoms that would indicate this.
Mainly my weight and diet. But we'll see.

Kazor13

Had another nose bleed in my right nostril today. Sometimes I'll sneeze and get tiny specks of blood or none at all and then I'll just get a random one with it flowing down my nose or into my mouth.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had another nose bleed in my right nostril today. Sometimes I'll sneeze and get tiny specks of blood or none at all and then I'll just get a random one with it flowing down my nose or into my mouth.
Have you spoken to a medical person about this yet?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Mainly my weight and diet. But we'll see.

Not really a reason to suppose you have T2, though weight gain can be a symptom. On the other hand, if you have any family members with T2, that definitely makes it more likely.

My understanding is that the predisposition to T2 is genetic, the wrong diet (aka too many carbs for your metabolism to cope with) can then trigger it.

Good luck for your tests on Friday.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Bloods came back fine. Think she said my range was 36 or something on glucose. Thyroid fine and liver white blood cells etc. Surprised lol.

Thanks for updating, it's always nice to get closure on these threads. I hope your cough is getting better.

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you got sorted out yet?. I get a similar cough I find having a antihistamine and I find sleeping seating up helps