Dry Mouth And Tongue

Kiggy

I have had a dry mouth and tongue for 2 years now and just had 2nd reading to confirm diabetes.

When blood sugars are corrected will this correct itself or is the damage done permanently? I wake up several times in night needing a drink.

K

Knikki

Well it should do depending on how you are advised to treat the Diabetese might depend on how quickly the feeling will go.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When blood sugars are corrected will this correct itself
Yes.
Thirst and dry mouth are some of the main symptoms of high blood sugars.

Unless you have something else going on of course, but if your bg is high you'd expect thirst.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had a dry mouth and tongue for 2 years now and just had 2nd reading to confirm diabetes.

When blood sugars are corrected will this correct itself or is the damage done permanently? I wake up several times in night needing a drink.

It may be that you are breathing through your mouth when you are asleep...

I found this to be insightful and helpful...

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found this to be insightful and helpful...
I had to laugh at this [video] idea!!! Lots of folks who know me would love it if I was to put some tape over my mouth. Umm, yes, I can talk toooo much!!! LOL ;)
Apologies for digressing ;)

Reactions: kokhongw

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to laugh at this [video] idea!!! Lots of folks who know me would love it if I was to put some tape over my mouth. Umm, yes, I can talk toooo much!!! LOL ;)
Apologies for digressing ;)

My 4yr old son loves it because it stops my snoring :D

And I get a full 6-7 hour uninterrupted sleep without waking up with dry mouth or pounding heart. A seemingly silly idea with surprising benefits.