Dry mouth

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
Does anyone suffer from a constant dry mouth I'm not overly thirsty with it, when I eat feels like I've not got any saliva and food feels difficult to break down if this makes sense

Reactions: Loukay1 and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have this for the last 3-4 years due to medicine I thought, now I don´t know , it has gone as I have gotten my blood numbers down to normal levels..... so now I think it is maybe because my blood glucose has been raised for that many years

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I have dry mouth when my blood sugar is running very high-also when I am dehydrated. Try drinking water with your meal or snack.

Reactions: Freema

Gadya

I have dry mouth when my blood sugar is running very high-also when I am dehydrated. Try drinking water with your meal or snack.
I have the dry mouth most of the time but I have found that just one blackberry freshly picked from a bush does wonders!

Reactions: Struma

Pagetbabs

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone suffer from a constant dry mouth I'm not overly thirsty with it, when I eat feels like I've not got any saliva and food feels difficult to break down if this makes sense
Yes I constantly have a dry mouth and suck riccola sweets a lot. I thought it was from the amytriptalline that I take as a pain modifier but perhaps I am wrong.