Dry mouth

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
Does anyone suffer from a constant dry mouth I'm not overly thirsty with it, when I eat feels like I've not got any saliva and food feels difficult to break down if this makes sense

Reactions: Loukay1 and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have this for the last 3-4 years due to medicine I thought, now I don´t know , it has gone as I have gotten my blood numbers down to normal levels..... so now I think it is maybe because my blood glucose has been raised for that many years

Liverpoolfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Got the same symtoms driving me mad but can't help sorry, only after food but eating no saliva then start to choke swallow difficult then after eating feel awful !!

Reactions: Loukay1 and Freema

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I have dry mouth when my blood sugar is running very high-also when I am dehydrated. Try drinking water with your meal or snack.

Reactions: Freema

Gadya

I have dry mouth when my blood sugar is running very high-also when I am dehydrated. Try drinking water with your meal or snack.
I have the dry mouth most of the time but I have found that just one blackberry freshly picked from a bush does wonders!

Reactions: Struma

Pagetbabs

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone suffer from a constant dry mouth I'm not overly thirsty with it, when I eat feels like I've not got any saliva and food feels difficult to break down if this makes sense
Yes I constantly have a dry mouth and suck riccola sweets a lot. I thought it was from the amytriptalline that I take as a pain modifier but perhaps I am wrong.