Early Days But Progress!

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Terry, I'm thrilled tbh. I'm just going to keep going, it's working and I'm so relieved to have got such an improvement in such a short time. I self monitor but won't have another HbA1c for a year, so will just be delighted to see my daily numbers drop and hope very much to be under the magic 48 in a years time!
Why a year before your next HbA1c @Barbara ? With you being at 52 (I know its not that high) but why are they not testing every 3 months?o_O

BarbaraDavies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just not on offer, annual unless its going up. Athough the doc said carry on monitoring and losing weight and to let her know if I have any concerns, then I can have an earlier HbA1c if I wish!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
From 63 in April to 52 now is great progress @BarbaraDavies - well done! :) Keep it up and you should be in the pre-diabetic or non-diabetic range at your next HbA1c test.
My gp surgery also only gives me an HbA1c every 12 months.

Reactions: ickihun

BarbaraDavies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is indeed a very nice figure :) it's going in exactly the direction you want it to. Fantastic. Well done.
Thanks Debs, I am so pleased, its lovely to have your encouragement!
From 63 in April to 52 now is great progress @BarbaraDavies - well done! :) Keep it up and you should be in the pre-diabetic or non-diabetic range at your next HbA1c test.
My gp surgery also only gives me an HbA1c every 12 months.
Thank you so much for the encouragement, I am so happy to have seen that big drop and have high hopes to go a lot lower in the future.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If I wasn't preparing for bariatric surgery I'd be only having yearly too. GP care in past only yearly.

BarbaraDavies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Ickihun, I think a lot of surgeries only offer an Annual test, which is fine with me tbh. However if I wasn't monitoring myself I think I'd feel very differently.