Easter

autoimmune chrissy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a morning I had,iv been given new strips which have half the amount of other ones 25 per barrel,6 of them didnt work properly,I was panicking I had 3 left,im working tday n tomorow,I ended up phoning 111 for advice,iv got to say that with in 2 hours I got my prescription faxed to local chemist,I cannot fault nhs for the service but I will have to order double next time as these are unreliable nexus mini I want my aviva back dr porter !!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As promised.

Less of a spike, but I had dipped into high 3's before I ate the egg.
I plateaued at around 10:30pm at 8mmol/l so took another 1u which brought me back down.
Woke up at 5:30 and all level again

View attachment 12867

View attachment 12868
Thanks for posting this..
So.. With the 30 minute prior bolus. You used the egg technically as a "hypo treatment".. Kind of self inducing a low for it? Edit. A "controlled low." I apreciate you know what Yer doing.... :)

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for posting this..
So.. With the 30 minute prior bolus. You used the egg technically as a "hypo treatment".. Kind of self inducing a low for it?
I spiked to 15 when I bolused 10-15 minutes before the first one - just wanted to see how best I could match the insulin curve to the creme egg ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I spiked to 15 when I bolused 10-15 minutes before the first one - just wanted to see how best I could match the insulin curve to the creme egg ;)

I have to be honest.. Other than a serious low & affording the time for a leisurely bounce back.. I don't touch the stuff..
I know that modern insulin therapy in theory allows for these occasional "treats". (I feel for the kids that can get left out.) but I still maintain the veiw that modern insulin can't realy keep up with this stuff...

On a lighter note, I did buckle & get/purchase an Easter egg & a sort of camper van shaped box full of chocolate bunnys.. I gave them to my mum & wife respectively... :D

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to be honest.. Other than a serious low & affording the time for a leisurely bounce back.. I don't touch the stuff..
I know that modern insulin therapy in theory allows for these occasional "treats". (I feel for the kids that can get left out.) but I still maintain the veiw that modern insulin can't realy keep up with this stuff...

On a lighter note, I did buckle & get/purchase an Easter egg & a sort of camper van shaped box full of chocolate bunnys.. I gave them to my mum & wife respectively... :D
I never normally eat sweets - just interested to see what happened using the Libre.
Back to low-carbing... total carbs today: 17g including cauliflower.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never normally eat sweets - just interested to see what happened using the Libre.
Back to low-carbing... total carbs today: 17g including cauliflower.

I'm actually keen on using a Libre myself... The whole swipe & go consistant readout aspect would improve the preemptive action of the dose given either to bolus or correct on MDI. Whilst halving the "core blimey" reaction of the casual onlooker brought on by the bloodletting before the dose.. ;)

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can understand that. All that lovely caramel, and the Milky Way bit .. Ummmm

LaineyK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can't beat asda extra special 70% dark chocci with pineapple, lovely flavour

asyarlk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After all of the excitement about hotel chocolat 100% I decided to buy some. I emailed them regarding nutritional info and this is what I got back:
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1429811651.813137.jpg

I am confused at Lindt 90% is 14g carb per 100g and this 100% Choc is more. Any thoughts?