Easter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That was after my main meal - I was surprised to see such a rapid and high spike.

I never eat between meals, snacks, so mine would be with a meal, but lunch would be better, then some activity, not dinner though as I am more rested then. I will try it over the Easter period and see what happens :eek: or :cool:.

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never eat between meals, snacks, so mine would be with a meal, but lunch would be better, then some activity, not dinner though as I am more rested then. I will try it over the Easter period and see what happens :eek: or :cool:.

Best wishes RRB
Hope you get a lesser rise than me :hungover:

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I should have bolused much earlier for the creme egg.

BG took off like a rocket and it was around 90 minutes before the Novorapid stopped the ascent ;)

Not sure it was worth it... the Mars bar was tastier and had a flatter trajectory

View attachment 12818

Shame I didn't have one of those in the cupboard when I overdosed the Apidra the other night! Seriously, all chocolate does that to me - I even get a sizeable spike from the very dark 85% chocolate - no idea why - but I use the little Celebration Mars etc to correct hypos - instant hit and a 2.5 - 3 mmol rise - I once plotted it on the Libre hitting my BG within 5 minutes! I don't think it would actually be possible for me to bolus effectively for chocolate - but if I was going to try, I think I'd avoid the soft centre chocolates - pure glucose - I even have to avoid the little Cadbury Hero caramels when I'm treating a hypo - they raise my BG by about 5mmol and they're only supposedly abot 6g carb!

Smidge

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just dug out the plot for the mars bar - more carbs yet much more controlled. (Consumed at 22:30).

Mars bar.png

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
As it is Easter and with hubby and also digging out foundations and laying sub base for another greenhouse we have had more hot cross buns at 81 carbs for 2 from M&S!! Thank goodness the carbs were all worn off with physical work!! Could have had 3 creme eggs!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As it is Easter and with hubby and also digging out foundations and laying sub base for another greenhouse we have had more hot cross buns at 81 carbs for 2 from M&S!! Thank goodness the carbs were all worn off with physical work!! Could have had 3 creme eggs!!!
I have 2 spare creme eggs if you need them ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Omg.... Hubby just bought these out to me!! Apparently 18g per egg.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1428251422.330734.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
With a spoon.. I was expecting belly pork n veg!!!!

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
This is my first Easter as a diabetic and my lovely neighbour brought me a Cadbury's Caramel egg even though she knows I'm diabetic:rolleyes:I have been so good, I gave it to my daughter.
Have a creme egg staring at me right now but keep trying to ignore it. It's been there for 3 days and I think I have done well to ignore it for so long, so sod it I'm going to eat it!!:)
Hope everyone is enjoying the Easter weekend

Reactions: 9 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
You go for it! I've got a few, on the box they say 30 carbs each, on google I found a 24 CHO so it's got to be around that, and you'll probably get a spike unless you have your insulin prior to eating it.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, so Tesco are selling mini cream eggs for £1 a pack of 8. Each mini cream egg has 7.7g carb and are perfect for correcting a mild hypo. Happy days!

Smidge

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
You go for it! I've got a few, on the box they say 30 carbs each, on google I found a 24 CHO so it's got to be around that, and you'll probably get a spike unless you have your insulin prior to eating it.
I'm type 2 so am expecting a spike but as my post dinner was 5.2 I'm hoping it won't hit double figures and hey, it's a one off and I enjoyed the egg, I've been good for six months

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Omg.... Hubby just bought these out to me!! Apparently 18g per egg.View attachment 12862

Now, the truth has come out!! He bought two packs of 4!!! It currently 2-0 to him. He thought as Easter Monday too it was an excuse!!! Mine will be in fridge till next xmas... Unless he dicdes to eat them to help me out of course!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just crumbled and had another creme egg - bolused 30 minutes in advance this time.

CremeEgg2.jpg

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As promised.

Less of a spike, but I had dipped into high 3's before I ate the egg.
I plateaued at around 10:30pm at 8mmol/l so took another 1u which brought me back down.
Woke up at 5:30 and all level again

Spike2.jpg

Spike2a.jpg

Reactions: 4 people