Eat vegetables

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening wherever you are From Morocco

There is no doubt that eating vegetables is very important, but I wonder which method is better cooked or otherwise
You keep more of the nutrients by eating them raw....
As I understand it, eating them raw also means your body is slower to process all the carbs as it has more work to do, so if that's the case, you would see lower, slower spikes.

I like to eat a number of my vegetables raw, but it definitely depends on what other food I'm going to eat with them. However I am also quite careful about the type and quantity of vegetables I eat, and try to keep as low carb as possible while eating a good variety. And I eat them from choice rather than necessity, as I agree with the other posters,that carbs are not really an essential part of our diet.

Robbity

Reactions: Rachox

achike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Most cruciferous vegetables require steaming to retain more of their benefits. However, if taste is a problem please cook it as you wish.

Vegetables, some fruits, low carb, loss of weight and moderate exercise reduce the need for medications. Diabetic indexes also improve.

Sent from my E6683 using DCUK Forum mobile app

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Let me tell you that refraining from eating carbohydrates is not recommended
Problem in quantity
50% carbs
35% fat with saturated fat 1/3
15% protein
Quantity of what? Mass, carbs, minerals, proteins...

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hansenguy62

Good evening wherever you are From Morocco

There is no doubt that eating vegetables is very important, but I wonder which method is better cooked or otherwise
I bought frozen. Fresh. U name it. Microwaved them with cheese ocer. Got my blood down one point in 2 months. Gon clear now .

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat vegetables almost five times a week
This may mean up to three hundred grams per meal.

Some vitamins are found only in vegetables
The menu is as follows

Carrot turnip green pepper peas
Hi @hichamgsm I see you list turnip, do you add it to stews instead of potato or is there a Maroccan way to serve it?