Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My youngest has a Nutribullet and while I was telling him of the way the juices (esp fruit) were metabolised I noticed he was deseeding an apple. I asked why and he told me of the cyanide thing and said that whizzing the seeds was the even more dangerous thing to do. I was unaware of the cyanide fact, he has since stopped using the whizzer and it has been consigned to the cupboard under the sink, not a bad thing except that it was an expensive thing for him to waste money on. We live and learn.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My youngest has a Nutribullet and while I was telling him of the way the juices (esp fruit) were metabolised I noticed he was deseeding an apple. I asked why and he told me of the cyanide thing and said that whizzing the seeds was the even more dangerous thing to do. I was unaware of the cyanide fact, he has since stopped using the whizzer and it has been consigned to the cupboard under the sink, not a bad thing except that it was an expensive thing for him to waste money on. We live and learn.

He could de-core the apple before whizzing it?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
He could de-core the apple before whizzing it?

He was de seeding the apple. At first he stopped using apples because the drink was going brown by the time he got it from the fridge then he stopped altogether when I told him how much fruit it takes to make one portion (as regards how much whole fruit he could eat at one sitting), about how the fibre is pretty much decimated and by how the body has to deal with that much fructose etc etc.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carbohydrate requirement for humans: zero. Did you know that?
It is a matter of taste really I have a small appetite and do not eat much meat so vegetables are important to me. I was never keen on pasta or rice so I preferred vegetables as the main part of my meals and still do I do believe the vitamin and minerals that are in vegetables are beneficial

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He was de seeding the apple. At first he stopped using apples because the drink was going brown by the time he got it from the fridge then he stopped altogether when I told him how much fruit it takes to make one portion (as regards how much whole fruit he could eat at one sitting), about how the fibre is pretty much decimated and by how the body has to deal with that much fructose etc etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought he abandoned it due to cyanide in the apple pips. LOL. Time for my tea and a glass of wine methinks. ;)

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It is a matter of taste really I have a small appetite and do not eat much meat so vegetables are important to me. I was never keen on pasta or rice so I preferred vegetables as the main part of my meals and still do I do believe the vitamin and minerals that are in vegetables are beneficial
Are you saying humans do need carbohydrates?

Reactions: Simon84

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you saying humans do need carbohydrates?
I really do not know as I do not think there is any proven evidence about that yet. I eat them because I enjoy them meals for me would be very boring and very small without them. What do you suggest we fill our meals with if not vegetables ?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really do not know as I do not think there is any proven evidence about that yet. I eat them because I enjoy them meals for me would be very boring and very small without them. What do you suggest we fill our meals with if not vegetables ?

PS.. My typical meal would then just consist of a chicken breast without the vegetables

Last edited:

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I think humans need to eat from everything vegetables only meat problem in quantity

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SYNTHETIC VITAMINS

Many mainstream multivitamin supplements contain synthetic vitamins. Synthetic vitamins are synthetic chemical isolates made in a lab: they are created to try and mimic the vitamin benefits that their natural equivalents – found in food – offer. But synthetic vitamins only provide isolated or fractionated pieces of the whole vitamin. This is because synthetic vitamins don’t contain the full benefit that nature intended.
Traditionally by taking isolated vitamins we are getting high doses of some vitamins (in some cases over 200% the RDI) but not enough of others. Your body may not be able to utilise high doses of vitamins, which is why it often excretes what it can’t use. It might surprise you to know that many vitamins available in Australia are synthetic. Whilst they’re good for you, they lack the naturally occurring nutrients found in whole foods.

NATURE’ WAY WHOLE FOOD VITAMINS

Whole-Food based supplements are different. The vitamin content of a whole food vitamin is 100% derived from food sources, with no synthetic or artificial vitamins added. This includes Vitamins from fruits, veggies, herbs and super foods from gardens, orchards, farms and the ocean.
Vitamins from whole foods come with the additional health benefits of other naturally occurring nutrients – including the added micronutrients, cofactors and phytonutrients naturally found in plants and whole foods that work together to provide you a complete health benefit and “whole” vitamin solution.

More information

Did you know that vitamin B17 kills cancer cells only in apple seeds?

Hi @hichamgsm ,

I hope you're in fine health my friend?

Could you please give us a link source to the above quote, please..? Either in the original post or in a reply?
Many thanks! :)

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There is no doubt that eating vegetables is very important, but I wonder which method is better cooked or otherwise
Some veg can be eaten raw, but those that need to be cooked are better steamed than boiled. Boiling removes more of the vitamins and nutrients.
I always steam things like potatoes, carrots, spinach, kale, sweetcorn, peas, beans, cauliflower and broccoli.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Some veg can be eaten raw, but those that need to be cooked are better steamed than boiled. Boiling removes more of the vitamins and nutrients.
I always steam things like potatoes, carrots, spinach, kale, sweetcorn, peas, beans, cauliflower and broccoli.
I Think Vegetables with Skin Better Than Without Because Fibers

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I Think Vegetables with Skin Better Than Without Because Fibers

I cant really agree with that... because of all the chemical sprays and fertilsers...

I love butternut squash skins roasted and so does my dog but unless I have grown them myself I could not use.

Same with things like lemons... why do they wax them? What zest goes in to processed lemon cakes etc...??

We love courgette. Last year due to shortages organic ones were rare sometimes. When the non organic ones were skinned we could see darker green blobs in masses inside...never seen that on organic ones...

I cant eat skins anyway but although my dog loves them, I couldnt even give them to her unless they are organic ones.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I cant really agree with that... because of all the chemical sprays and fertilsers...

I love butternut squash skins roasted and so does my dog but unless I have grown them myself I could not use.

Same with things like lemons... why do they wax them? What zest goes in to processed lemon cakes etc...??

We love courgette. Last year due to shortages organic ones were rare sometimes. When the non organic ones were skinned we could see darker green blobs in masses inside...never seen that on organic ones...

I cant eat skins anyway but although my dog loves them, I couldnt even give them to her unless they are organic ones.
I can not really understand what income dogs have in the subject

weird thing
Some members here improve the negative words

Last edited:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I can not really understand what income dogs have in the subject

weird thing
Some members here improve the negative words

I wouldnt feed my dog chemicals, let alone myself... so would not eat skins myself either... (not even if I was allowed to eat them).

Glad to be weird... better to be different...