Eat your cornflakes

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloat no. Constipation yes. But I take flax (budgie) seed to counter it.

Reactions: xfieldok

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
“According to the good scientists at the famous Kellogg’s laboratory....” no need to read any further, nothing like biased journalism ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
“According to the good scientists at the famous Kellogg’s laboratory....” no need to read any further, nothing like biased journalism ;)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oddly, my wife has complained (More coyly owned up.) of these symptoms (In the link.) & narrowed it down after eating eating cereal with milk at work in the mornings.. (It's a "thing" they have at her place of work offering cereal or fruit daily for gratis.?)
She now gives it a miss. Non D. No horse in this "race."
Edit; no more issues.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Mr Kellogg is welcome to his constipation. May it stay unpassed forever !!

Reactions: xfieldok

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanted to add that since going lower carb higher fat, I have experienced constipation to a level I have not personally encountered in a lifetime. No exaggeration. The flax seed does help. But to get some context here, the blocking of our loo is an every day occurrence just now (to avoid the graphic detail) and it is down to the dietary change.

Don’t get me wrong, for me it is a price worth paying but I can see how it might be seen as a negative for some people.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Then you certainly don't have constipation?

Constipation:

a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces.
  • a high level of constraint or restriction

That’s what I have as a consequence of a lower carb higher fat diet. Have you ever tried pushing a stick around a tight bend?

I totally am in favour of a lower carb higher fat approach but it is aswell to be upfront and honest about any issues.

Reactions: KK123

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only just though. I was hoping to avoid the graphic detail here...you understand. :D
I understand where you are coming from but sometimes there is a slight myth about constipation which is not in fact correct.
More that when we change our diets to more nutritious food there is less waste to come out.
When I did my beef only January this year i didn't "go" for 10 days.. not because I was constipated but because there was so little waste from eating only beef. I was amazed about how much didn't come out after eating large steaks every day.
TMI perhaps but I feel it's a very necessary thing to have out in the open. Many thnk that they are constipated when in fact its just a case of less cr*p in less cr*p out.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanted to add that since going lower carb higher fat, I have experienced constipation to a level I have not personally encountered in a lifetime. No exaggeration. The flax seed does help. But to get some context here, the blocking of ourcloo is an every day occurrence just now (to avoid the graphic detail) and it is down to the dietary change.

Don’t get me wrong, for me it is a price worth paying but I can see how it might be seen as a negative for some people.

@Listlad are you drinking enough water? That’s the usual suspect for me if I get a bit clogged up, which doesn’t happen very often at all, despite my minimal fibre intake. In fact often get more clogged if I up fibre.

Reactions: kitedoc

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand where you are coming from but sometimes there is a slight myth about constipation which is not in fact correct.
More that when we change our diets to more nutritious food there is less waste to come out.
When I did my beef only January this year i didn't "go" for 10 days.. not because I was constipated but because there was so little waste from eating only beef. I was amazed about how much didn't come out after eating large steaks every day.
TMI perhaps but I feel it's a very necessary thing to have out in the open. Many thnk that they are constipated when in fact its just a case of less cr*p in less cr*p out.
Oh no. There is plenty coming out. Just agony getting it out. :D Like I say it is something I have never had in my past and only heard about from others. To reiterate, the flax seed helps. Maybe I need to double up on flax seed.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Listlad are you drinking enough water? That’s the usual suspect for me if I get a bit clogged up, which doesn’t happen very often at all, despite my minimal fibre intake. In fact often get more clogged if I up fibre.
I do. I am sure I drink enough.

I eat less fruit now though. I used to eat loads of dried fruit, prunes, figs, dates etc but have stopped that now.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do. I am sure I drink enough.

I eat less fruit now though. I used to eat loads of dried fruit, prunes, figs, dates etc but have stopped that now.

Milk of magnesia or magnesium tabs plus plenty of water