Eating in small portions throughout the day

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you find it more useful to have good blood glucose control by eating in small portions but spread throughout the day?

Please tell us about your experience...

Bernardrichii

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, It helps a lot.While many nutrition experts agree that when it comes to weight loss irregular eating patterns and skipped meals can mean trouble for most of us, there isn't anything close to a consensus on whether we are metabolically better off eatingthree regular meals a day or spreading that out into five or six smaller meals.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
So glad I found this post I am definitely going to try this to get my readings down. I would love to try low carb diet again but it means going without so much, that I don't think I could do it.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For keeping your blood glucose levels without too much trouble it can be easier to eat little and often, however, if you can cope without having food, as you do naturally when sleeping or fasting, that too can be beneficial.
I have found that eating either three or four meals per day as in breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper is far too much if you are trying to lose weight, because you could be snacking in between as well.
Portion size is critical, even if you are only having a couple of meals a day.
We just don't need to eat that much as you would believe. The eat well plate diet and even weight watchers means you are eating too much.
It is also a question of getting your balance of protein, fats and carbohydrates in the right balance for you.