eggs

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
As I have coronary heart disease and high cholesterol of 5.2 I was wondering how many eggs I should eat per week . I usually have an egg roughly 5=6 times a week someone told me this is not on. :D

lacey1

hi i have heard eggs r high in cholesterol but think they have alot of the good cholesterol aswel as the bad but 5-6 times a week is alot so i would check it out with a professional soz can't help more than that x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
rogbert said:
As I have coronary heart disease and high cholesterol of 5.2 I was wondering how many eggs I should eat per week . I usually have an egg roughly 5=6 times a week someone told me this is not on. :D

According to the British Heart Foundation eggs can be included as part of a healthy well balanced diet, as with everything your best bet is to discuss it first with your Cardio Nurse/Consultant or GP.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/cond ... terol.aspx

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm certainly no medical expert and have no links to any obscure or otherwise medical research, but, I eat between 4-6 eggs a day, have done for years and my cholesterol levels are all good. 3.3, hdl 1.3, ldl 1.7, tris 0.7.

claire7419

rogbert said:

One egg contains about 186 mg of cholesterol, which is found mostly in the yolk. As with most foods, eggs should be eaten in moderation. Eggs can be a healthy food choice when you limit other foods with saturated and trans fat.

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
claire7419 said:
rogbert said:

One egg contains about 186 mg of cholesterol, which is found mostly in the yolk. As with most foods, eggs should be eaten in moderation. Eggs can be a healthy food choice when you limit other foods with saturated and trans fat.

So my cholesterol should be off the scale! and yet.....it isn't.