EMERGENCY

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I have been very sick for the last 2 days drinking bucketloads of water and going to pee every 5 seconds and today i feel so rotten and i have a very big headache and my hunger is debilitating and i feel soo weak and fatigued.My mum will not take me to the gp as she thinks the gp will just send me home again!!
What should i do??

Thank you
PS:Im only 15 and can't go out on my own

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Call 111. Explain everything that happened last gp visit and get them to talk to your mum.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @Fluffy12

some options

you could ring the NHS direct 111 service and explain symptoms and ask for advice.

go to a local pharmacy and ask if they will test your blood sugar - the pharmacist should advise on a possible course of action.

does your Mum think you are poorly ?

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Fluffy12 please ask your Mum to take you back to the doctors. You said the doctor told you to keep an eye on symptoms, if you are getting worse you need medical advice. Are you in the UK?

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
hi there @Fluffy12

some options

you could ring the NHS direct 111 service and explain symptoms and ask for advice.

go to a local pharmacy and ask if they will test your blood sugar - the pharmacist should advise on a possible course of action.

does your Mum think you are poorly ?

my mum does know that i am sick but she thinks i can just ignore it

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ask your mum again and if she won't take you, ask her to call the doctor for advice or call 111.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How did you and your mum organise it so you were able to see the GP for the random and then the fasting blood test? Can you do the same again? Did your doctor express a view re the possibility of you having diabetes or is he / she asking you to keep an eye on general symptoms? Did they express any ideas about what is causing the sickness / thirst?

Reactions: Gannet

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
How did you and your mum organise it so you were able to see the GP for the random and then the fasting blood test? Can you do the same again? Did your doctor express a view re the possibility of you having diabetes or is he / she asking you to keep an eye on general symptoms? Did they express any ideas about what is causing the sickness / thirst?

i told my mum how i was feeling and she had some time on her hands so we just called the gp and he told us to see him in the morning.He said that there is a possibility that i could be diabetic and i should keep an eye on my symptoms incase they get worse. The gp was quite new and did not seem aware of any other causes

Reactions: ickihun and himtoo

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you or your mum calling 111 and getting some medical advice would be a good idea, particularly if your symptoms are getting worse rather than staying on a level
Im guessing your doctor will be closed until after the new year but making an appointment for then would be good
When do you go back to school? The school nurse might be helpful

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
As you are 15, you are legally old enough to see a gp on your own.

centaur68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm paramedic, often get called to jobs like this.. if you feel really bad & still nothings changed call 999 & explain situation.. 111 would call ambulance as that's their default, we get loads of jobs from 111

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tested for ketones? I remember feeling like this when I was at uni... it was pretty bad timing as I wasn’t sure if I was hungover and all my friends thought I was still drunk, even by the next evening. I called 111 and explained I couldn’t keep anything down but my blood sugars were dropping. I had never felt like this before, something wasn’t right. I was told to visit a walk in clinic, they tested my ketones and admitted me to hospital for 3 nights
Obviously this may not be the case for you but it’s important to get checked out. Feel better soon x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You must see the GP, call 111 or get a pharmacy to do a finger prick test. It's possible you do have diabetes and ignoring it could be harmful.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
i told my mum how i was feeling and she had some time on her hands so we just called the gp and he told us to see him in the morning.He said that there is a possibility that i could be diabetic and i should keep an eye on my symptoms incase they get worse. The gp was quite new and did not seem aware of any other causes
Let us know how you get on. Please.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Please see a dr urgently, you sound very poorly.
Please let us know how you get on.
Hope you feel better very soon
Take care