1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Empaglifozene?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by lucylocket61, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ZESTRIL

ZESTRIL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I like to say I've had good results on Empaglifozin they changed my life you don't say what bad experience your having I had terrible diarrhoea with Metformin

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZESTRIL

A lot better than taking them for me I call them the devil drug

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ZESTRIL

Yes I'm on them now they changed my life for the better after 15 years on Metformin the devil drug

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I’ve not been on either - I was just letting @lucylocket61 know about a forum member who had previously posted re Empaglifozin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rose22

Rose22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi I took it for one week but stopped due to side effects. It did work and bring my numbers down during that time as I was literally weeing out every bit of sugar! But that leads to very awful side effects.
    You should be given a sheet of paper with the DKA risk with this drug. As you can appear to have normal bs levels but be in DKA. No hypos for me on it. That’s more the lowering meds like Gliclazide (did hypo on that).

6. BaliRob

BaliRob Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wonderful - the best thing I did for my care since robot doctors prescribed Metformin and Statins at inception and I am not talking about stomach problems because I did not suffer from them. In the case of Metformin it's my opinion that I wasted years and years being a guinea pig with a drug that did nothing for my blood sugar levels, mood swings or skeletal frame which was constantly aching especially at night. Coming off both made a new man of me after a very short time. To prove my point look at all of the so-called expert medical opinions about Metformin - trying to give it some status they are now saying it can improve one's heart, etc., etc. Nobody has the courage to say that Metformin has been the biggest con-trick in history closely followed by the promotion of statins.

7. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

That is your opinion. Not everyone gets side effects and for some people including me it has helped with many symptoms of PCOS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think Metformin is ok and people should take it if they benefit from it, but I too don’t buy into the idea of it somehow being the elixir of longevity that should be taken as a preventive measure against xyz. In that regard it is indeed in danger of becoming the new statin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook