Empaglifozene?

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone tried empaglifozene? The side effects and possible hypo if low carbing looks scary. My DN has suggested it instead of Metformin, due to various difficulties I had with Metformin previously.
Yes I'm on them now they changed my life for the better after 15 years on Metformin the devil drug

Reactions: Rose22

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I like to say I've had good results on Empaglifozin they changed my life you don't say what bad experience your having I had terrible diarrhoea with Metformin
I’ve not been on either - I was just letting @lucylocket61 know about a forum member who had previously posted re Empaglifozin

Reactions: lucylocket61

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone tried empaglifozene? The side effects and possible hypo if low carbing looks scary. My DN has suggested it instead of Metformin, due to various difficulties I had with Metformin previously.
Hi I took it for one week but stopped due to side effects. It did work and bring my numbers down during that time as I was literally weeing out every bit of sugar! But that leads to very awful side effects.
You should be given a sheet of paper with the DKA risk with this drug. As you can appear to have normal bs levels but be in DKA. No hypos for me on it. That’s more the lowering meds like Gliclazide (did hypo on that).

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
How do things work out for you if you don't take metformin?
Wonderful - the best thing I did for my care since robot doctors prescribed Metformin and Statins at inception and I am not talking about stomach problems because I did not suffer from them. In the case of Metformin it's my opinion that I wasted years and years being a guinea pig with a drug that did nothing for my blood sugar levels, mood swings or skeletal frame which was constantly aching especially at night. Coming off both made a new man of me after a very short time. To prove my point look at all of the so-called expert medical opinions about Metformin - trying to give it some status they are now saying it can improve one's heart, etc., etc. Nobody has the courage to say that Metformin has been the biggest con-trick in history closely followed by the promotion of statins.

Hotpepper20000

Wonderful - the best thing I did for my care since robot doctors prescribed Metformin and Statins at inception and I am not talking about stomach problems because I did not suffer from them. In the case of Metformin it's my opinion that I wasted years and years being a guinea pig with a drug that did nothing for my blood sugar levels, mood swings or skeletal frame which was constantly aching especially at night. Coming off both made a new man of me after a very short time. To prove my point look at all of the so-called expert medical opinions about Metformin - trying to give it some status they are now saying it can improve one's heart, etc., etc. Nobody has the courage to say that Metformin has been the biggest con-trick in history closely followed by the promotion of statins.
That is your opinion. Not everyone gets side effects and for some people including me it has helped with many symptoms of PCOS.

Reactions: ZESTRIL
M

Member496333

I think Metformin is ok and people should take it if they benefit from it, but I too don’t buy into the idea of it somehow being the elixir of longevity that should be taken as a preventive measure against xyz. In that regard it is indeed in danger of becoming the new statin.

Reactions: ZESTRIL