Votes: 101 51.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shar67

@ChrisSamsDad Turks have dark skin, hmm some do, just like people born in UK can have dark skin, Northern Turks are fairly light skinned.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Watching the BBC news and the main headline is Net Migration to the UK has risen to the second highest level on record, this will play into the hands of the Brexit campaign no doubt.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Watching the BBC news and the main headline is Net Migration to the UK has risen to the second highest level on record, this will play into the hands of the Brexit campaign no doubt.
Indeed.
What would we do without them?

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
I have moved from wanting to vote stay to considering to vote out. Love Europe and the Europeans, but have some serious doubts about where the EU is heading. I felt allowing the last six countries in was a decision that was too rushed and we were ill-prepared. And although Greece did not handle their finances at all well, I can't help but feel sorry for the way they are struggling now and having to deal with the huge task of looking after all the refugees. If the EU can't act as one in these situations it doesn't bode well (I'm none too proud of our reaction either). Still haven't made my mind up as yet, if only I had a crystal ball.....

Reactions: 8 people

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't talk politics because it always gets me into a lot of trouble, but let's all have a think on this little statement:

We have the largest amount of brainpower (genius' per head) than anywhere else in the world. We are ranked number 5 on terms of GDP globally. For a wee island, we do not bad. Leaving the EU has nothing to do with our respect for our European cousins - but the first chance in over 40 years to take charge of our own decisions wrt our own country.

Oh and one last thing. If we try it and it doesn't work out, can you honestly tell me from the above reasons that Europe would not invite us back with open arms?

Think that about sums it up:)

Cannot wait for the tyrant of abuse on this one

Reactions: 9 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh and one last thing. If we try it and it doesn't work out, can you honestly tell me from the above reasons that Europe would not invite us back with open arms?

Cannot wait for the tyrant of abuse on this one

Why would they welcome us back? The country that caused the biggest rent in the fabric of the EU and initiated separatist tendencies in other countries to drive to power that would have had no chance had the UK stayed in?

If we leave, not only will it transform the UK but also the EU as we know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why would they welcome us back? The country that caused the biggest rent in the fabric of the EU and initiated separatist tendencies in other countries to drive to power that would have had no chance had the UK stayed in?

If we leave, not only will it transform the UK but also the EU as we know it.

Hi Tim. Sorry I literally don't understand a word of what you meant there... Any chance you could dumb it down for us mortals?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The U.K. leaving gives the groups in the other EU countries that want out much more leverage with the populations. It's the kind of "black swan" event that may cause the EU to collapse. The first fissure if you like.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Leverage in terms of those other member states suddenly realising that they can think for themselves for a change? It shouldn't take the UK leaving Europe to be the catalyst to push others out. They've had a long time to make their minds up. No black swans as far as I can see, just proactivism and applied consciousness to embrace one's ability to control their fate, comfortably - under their own reign.

The collapse of Europe will come under members leaving who are in no fit state to hold their own. You will agree with me as much in the fact that the UK can/has and will hold its own as an independent nation. Like it did long before all of us can remember.

Reactions: 8 people

Mark Smiles

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With the likely ratification of the TTIP, the EU will open the door to the prospect of public services being moved(deregulated) to the private sector.

It is no coincidence that Barack Obama was here in the UK recently to "assist" the remain campaign.

You have to cynically eye the American health insurance companies(lobbyists) with their busted Obama care model and a stifled trillion dollar lindustry ooking to expand to the UK with an eye to our NHS moved to the private sector as a wealth leverage to offshore umbrella companies.

Are you ready for this?

Personally I can't afford the £70 a week drugs that are keeping me alive if this comes to pass.

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
With the likely ratification of the TTIP, the EU will open the door to the prospect of public services being moved(deregulated) to the private sector.

It is no coincidence that Barack Obama was here in the UK recently to "assist" the remain campaign.

You have to cynically eye the American health insurance companies(lobbyists) with their busted Obama care model and a stifled trillion dollar lindustry ooking to expand to the UK with an eye to our NHS moved to the private sector as a wealth leverage to offshore umbrella companies.

Are you ready for this?

Personally I can't afford the £70 a week drugs that are keeping me alive if this comes to pass.
This is likely to happen whether we remain or exit.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm, someone on another site wrote this and it did make me think:
"Ask yourself: if we were not in the eu would you vote to join, bearing in mind the state of the euro? Greece, Spain and Italy have very high levels of unemployment and are in a bad state financially. Germany, thanks to Merkel is now supporting about a million refugees/ immigrants. Add to that Turkey and other very poor countries like Albania are going to join! Would you join that club?"

Reactions: 7 people

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
@ChrisSamsDad Turks have dark skin, hmm some do, just like people born in UK can have dark skin, Northern Turks are fairly light skinned.
I think you're missing the point - what you're saying is quite true, but to the racists who want to leave the UK because of their xenophobia, they don't care, having no time for 'complicated' thinking.

S

Shar67

Hmm, someone on another site wrote this and it did make me think:
"Ask yourself: if we were not in the eu would you vote to join, bearing in mind the state of the euro? Greece, Spain and Italy have very high levels of unemployment and are in a bad state financially. Germany, thanks to Merkel is now supporting about a million refugees/ immigrants. Add to that Turkey and other very poor countries like Albania are going to join! Would you join that club?"

Look at UK when we originally joined we were hardly rolling in money and jobs, much the same as the other countries, the whole idea was to share and support. The whole system was Europe would work better if it was more like the USA with a federal government and each state runs its own authority. These poorer countries would benefit from skills from other countries to help run them better and become stronger.
It really hacks me off when we run down people from Poland, Albanian etc, when during WWII they were on the allies side, but we forgot they were our friends we sh*t on them after the war.
After visiting various European countries I'm surprised any one wants to come to this country, it is dirty and chavy and I can see why so many people actually leave.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Totally, utter sick of it. Reading about it, being bombarded with it over the airwaves, in the papers and that piece of vivid pink literature that the tv advertising says will no doubt drop (uninvited) through my letterbox soon.

Pictures of Enoch Powell appearing all over the shop, Obama sticking his oar in..give me a break. I think this is just a smokescreen to take the attention away from the corruption that is, and always has been, going on in this country and many others. They talk of money, then go and spend millions bombing the **** out of Syria, decimating it so there is nothing left. Notice how quiet it's gone on that topic by the way?

I do believe we need some level of control of immigration, as there is jusyt no places to be put everyone. But do we mean just Europeans? What about Africans, Iraquis, Iranians, Somalis..and so on and so forth. I won't be voting because I don't believe what we are being told.

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Saw this on Facebook this morning and smiled:)
9b4c4b376f24aecf6de62b6a5e1bb2a8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.