everyone can achieve

hismom

hi,
I just wanted to say that when my son was diagnosed last october he thought his career choice would be impossible. He wanted to be a performer on stage. This week he has spent a very hard 4 days rehearsing for a show while still maintaining good levels without hypos. I would like to post a link for you tube to show his achievement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBq-aUDWIc. He now realises that life goes on and he can still have his career. I am very proud of him with what has been a difficult year for him. he is 14

steph

ZACNEMMA

Wow, how proud you must be. The west end awaits!
My son is 14 also. It means so much doesn't it, to see them thrive. Zac is awaiting pump approval, does Ryan pump?

Emma

hismom

hi,
no ryan's levels are too good for him to be considered. To be honest he doesnt fancy it anyway but I think he will have to ar some time. Thank you for the comments. It took a while for him to get his confidence back.

steph

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the ... ob-palmer/

Above is a link to see Rob Palmer who is T1 and doing Dancing with the Stars. He's in the Grand Final next Sunday and all money raised (in Australia) will be going to JDRF.

How he looks after his levels under pressure and heavy training I would never know.

There are so many 'famous' and athletic people with T1 that it doesn't appear to hold you back unless you let it.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You must be bursting with pride! :D :D :D Well done Ryan on a fantastic performance! I know this sounds silly because I don't even know you or your son but I feel a sense of pride to see a T1 doing so well. Keep up the good work. :D

ZACNEMMA

Yes it has been a struggle to get this far in regards to the pump. He was initially turned down by the PCT. However with great support from Zac's consultant who is very pro-pump, Zac should be pumping soon.

Emma

hismom

hi,
thank you for all the comments. When his voice has settled he plans to make a cd and sell it with the proceeds to diabetes research. Now to just choose the songs. lol

steph

rufus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This post has really given me a boost. My daughter is 11 and was diagnosed five weeks ago. She is being really brave and strong about it all. I stay upbeat and positive while she's around but have a good sob when she's not. It's good to see that 'normal' life can carry on! You must be so proud. I was proud just getting my daughter through dancing lessons last week - one step at a time!