Evil Parents

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Some of the more charitable people here may say the parents are just plain dumb, however the State says otherwise and I tend to agree with the State.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ndergoing-slapping-therapy-sydney-court-hears

This article makes me sick.

The below is pure sarcasm.
I'm anti capital punishment, but I'm happy to make an exception. I know the perfect hormone/drug to execute them - donations anyone?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It's incredibly sad and naive to even think that insulin is a drug addiction and that slapping and stretching would cure type 1 diabetes, sadly though it comes from a lack of education, proving that knowledge is power when managing a health condition.

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As in many other areas of life, the need for education is paramount in helping to address this level of stupidity, neglect, cruelty. You only have to think back to several ghastly child abuse cases in England where a crucial causative factor was also the cultural beliefs of some health & social professionals. Include the religious, the nutjobs, the abusive.

Reactions: Dodo

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When our cat became a T3c, years before I turned out to be a T2, even ignorant little me knew that a T1 or someone with an impaired/removed pancreas needs insulin injections to LIVE. If your child has a life-threathening condition and needs monitoring 24/7 because they can't take care of themselves yet, you research the heck out of it! I'd want to know more than the doc's, and yesterday! Or is that just me?

...I...
..I just...

Poor, poor child.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
...sadly though it comes from a lack of education, proving that knowledge is power when managing a health condition.

In Australia before you can be prescribed insulin for the first time you must goto an Endo. Then you and YOUR guardian if you are under 18, goes through a massive training with a Diabetic Nurse and taught how to inject and the Dangers of too little and too much insulin, the warning signs how to measure BGL, before you can get your hands on insulin. If you were admitted to hospital and then diagnosed, you don't get out until your parents go through the training and go home with a pack of brochures in your language of choice.

If ignorance was a chance they wouldn't be in a criminal court on serious charge of Manslaughter.

Reactions: Dodo and becca59

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sadly though @Chowie there could be lots of other factors outside of this story that we aren't aware of, such as how good were the parents english language skills hence their ability to comprehend the severity of the condition and what the ongoing healthcare requirements would of been, what their motivation was for finding a cure as this could of been driven by love and the fact they were desperate for a cure, then you have the cultural differences so what's acceptable in Australia may be completely different to China, we're only going on what we're told.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Oh my god!!!! What did I just read. That is shocking....

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I'm anti capital punishment, but I'm happy to make an exception. I know the perfect hormone/drug to execute them - donations anyone?
There would be too much insulin to give to them with the amount of donations you would receive

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly though @Chowie there could be lots of other factors outside of this story that we aren't aware of, such as how good were the parents english language skills hence their ability to comprehend the severity of the condition and what the ongoing healthcare requirements would of been, what their motivation was for finding a cure as this could of been driven by love and the fact they were desperate for a cure, then you have the cultural differences so what's acceptable in Australia may be completely different to China, we're only going on what we're told.
I know what you're saying, but.... Information about T1 isn't just available in English. Pamphlets in anyone's native tongue, websites, it's all out there. I know, we don't know everything. And yeah, there might be some incredible circumstances where the parents get off the hook... But that "doctor" should have known better, at least!

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
(...They could always be drowned in the stuff.)
There is that lol. BUT a nice slow hypo would be so satisfying....Oh no here comes my evil side and my harrowing evil laugh :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I know what you're saying, but.... Information about T1 isn't just available in English. Pamphlets in anyone's native tongue, websites, it's all out there. I know, we don't know everything. And yeah, there might be some incredible circumstances where the parents get off the hook... But that "doctor" should have knows better, at least!

To be fair Jo I don't think this was a doctor.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes they may of appeared to be a 'doctor' and if they suggested they had a cure then I can understand the parents would of been sold on this, as I said earlier without knowing more about the story it's hard to really know what went on as we are simply reading what we have been told.

I do remember early on in my diagnosis the fact I was so desperate to be rid of this that I would of believed anyone who said they had a 'cure', the window of opportunity was fairly limited in my belief though as it didn't take long to realise it was with me for life and couldn't be cured, however my point is when someone is really desperate then they can be lead to believe anything.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Possibly misguided parents, evil "doctor".

I had one well-meaning relative suggest that alternative therapies could mean I didn't need insulin. It was at a big family occasion so it wasn't appropriate to tell him how bad his suggestion was, so I just ignored it and filed it under "nutter".

The "doctor" needs dealing with, and the community within which he worked needs the news spreading that going to people like him means people die.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Poor poor kid, what a horrible way to go!
For me this highlights the danger of a world with too little recognition of science and a submissive belief in ‘alternative’ and religious beliefs.
It’s prehistoric!
I don’t want to punish parents who’ve not had a scientific education but I do want to throw icy water over anyone who watches someone get more and more ill and yet continues on the same path.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Some of the more charitable people here may say the parents are just plain dumb, however the State says otherwise and I tend to agree with the State.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ndergoing-slapping-therapy-sydney-court-hears

This article makes me sick.

The below is pure sarcasm.

It is so shocking, what that little 6 year old endured was inhuman, evil, it breaks my heart :(

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I am less forgiving than some.
This is abhorrent.