Excess packaging

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
20190226_081527~2 copy.jpg
Just got this from Medtronic. A strong bag would have sufficed...

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Coming from the US it has to be bullet-proof!!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
You could complain- there are laws regarding excess packaging.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20F10EA8-58B9-42C1-8E3A-8F03077D560C.jpeg
View attachment 31516 Just got this from Medtronic. A strong bag would have sufficed...

Ggrrrr..... this is one of my pet hates, this is the contents of a box I received before Xmas, the empty space was filled with scrunched up brown paper. As @helensaramay at least it was paper and cardboard but really the box was over 50% larger than it needed to be :wideyed:

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had a job for a little bit at one of the courier warehouses and they literally just throw the boxes about

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've heard they prefer boxes than bags/packages due to thieving opportunists. Insurance qualification too.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If find it strange when for higher value items (like my new printer) they just stuck a label on the printer box so everyone could see what it was yet some drip trays for the barbecue arrived in a plain brown box twice the size of the contents.

D

Deleted member 543160

Sometimes when I order via Amazon they'll offer extra "anonymous" packaging for certain sensitive, desirable or expensive items.

For the most part I can't complain about excessive size, but I recently ordered a small dropper bottle of food flavouring and it came in a large box that must have been nearly 2 foot long. I thought at first they'd accidentally sent me an empty box as I almost missed finding that tiny bottle within all the crumpled paper filler. :eek:o_O