Excited

Lisa69free

1 of my favourite meals is enchiladas and I've been thinking wraps are off limit till I found low carb wraps in Sainsburys. Can't wait, not had my enchilada bake for some time. 14g carbs each. Anyone found other alternatives to their fave meal? Curious and always looking out for ideas

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What brand are the low carb wraps please @Lisa69free? I need to do a Sainsbury's online shop and would like to give them a go too :hungry: I remember seeing some protein wraps that had, I think 4g of carbs, in each one but they had mixed reviews in addition to being a bit pricey for my liking.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I found them at Sainsburys a few months ago and now use them every week They are Deli Kitcen and 14.6 carbs a wrap .

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
1 of my favourite meals is enchiladas and I've been thinking wraps are off limit till I found low carb wraps in Sainsburys. Can't wait, not had my enchilada bake for some time. 14g carbs each. Anyone found other alternatives to their fave meal? Curious and always looking out for ideas
My favourite 'comfort' meal has always been creamy mashed potato with lots of cheese added, which I sorely missed. But I tried a recipe I found online, substituting Cauliflower in place of the potato. I very reservedly had a go at making it and was extremely surprised to find that it tasted exactly like my old fave!

Lisa69free

What brand are the low carb wraps please @Lisa69free? I need to do a Sainsbury's online shop and would like to give them a go too :hungry: I remember seeing some protein wraps that had, I think 4g of carbs, in each one but they had mixed reviews in addition to being a bit pricey for my liking.
As Jawak said they are Deli Kitcen and 1.25 for a pack of 6 so not overly expensive

Reactions: sleepster

Lisa69free

My favourite 'comfort' meal has always been creamy mashed potato with lots of cheese added, which I sorely missed. But I tried a recipe I found online, substituting Cauliflower in place of the potato. I very reservedly had a go at making it and was extremely surprised to find that it tasted exactly like my old fave!
Maybe celeriac or turnip would work too?

Reactions: coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Maybe celeriac or turnip would work too?
I've actually never eaten a Turnip! Was never given them as a child and wouldn't know what to do with one

Lisa69free

I've actually never eaten a Turnip! Was never given them as a child and wouldn't know what to do with one
Neither was I but I think in the same family as swede. Hard to peel but the texture is much like potato when cooked

Reactions: coby

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use swede - makes bubble and squeak like my mother used to do.
I slice the swede into discs then remove the skin, cut it into chunks and boil it until soft - it goes a more golden yellow, then mash it add eggs and any leftover veges and fry it in bacon fat. You can put the whole thing under the grill to brown the top, or make smaller cakes and flip them over.
I make chaffles as I got a waffle maker, but apparently the same mixture will make carb fee wraps if cooked like oatcakes - 14 gm of carbs for a bought wrap is not worth it, even if they aren't expensive to buy.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like to have the same meal as my wife, but modified to be lower carb, so I substitute:
Roast butternut squash for roast potatoes.
Mashed swede for mashed potato.
Courgetti for spaghetti.
Cauliflower rice for ordinary rice.
Celeriac or swede chips for potato chips.
Etc. etc.

I only use turnip instead of potato in something like Irish stew as I find it too fibrous for most other things.