Exercise encouragement thread

Defren

EEK!! Can't argue with that. Just as well it's indoors, mittens, hat and scarf going on in a minute. I'm freezing.

Defren

tree-peony said:

No applause yet, I still haven't done any. My daughter has just brought me a steaming cup of tea, and I have promised I will go on after that. So, I will keep my promise. I have also done my +2 dinner reading and it's too high for my liking, so that there is incentive enough to get off my lazy behind.

Defren

tree-peony said:
lol yes... and it's better than nowt :)

I have done 50 mins xtraining today. 2.5 miles, 250 cals :D

Well I could throw a strop and say shurrup, but I won't. Instead I will say, flippin' well done, what an amazing effort and all that hard work will pay off. Really proud of you, and very pleased.

Now it's my turn to shift my lard (bum) and get going.

tree-peony

I've just been thwarted ... OH is chopping a tree down and he says it's too dangerous until he's finished

~ does a happy little skipping type dance~

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been out digging over part of the veg patch and planted some broad beans .Does that count cos if it doesnt I have had it for today .Need a lie down :roll:
CAROL

Defren

Any excuse TP, any excuse :D

As far as I am concerned Carol, anything physical is exercise. I walked to our little corner store for a bottle of washing up liquid and some bin bags earlier, that's exercise :lol:

Defren

30 minutes done, only another 30 to go. I would love to break my hour a day record (not every day). Fingers crossed.

Defren

tree-peony said:
don't overdo it... you'll just set yourself back
(being serious for a sec!)

Even just 10 minutes more would give me a real ego boost. I have upped the speed on the treadmill a very small amount, with no adverse reaction. I so need to get fit! Brilliant GP news, so thrilled for you. (((TP))).

Defren

tree-peony said:
go boost that ego then!

10 minutes more done. 20 minutes will make an hour and as it's only 5:30 I have plenty of time. I have only ever managed an hour. I really am going to try hard to add a little more, even if it is only 10 mins.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
On our 40th wedding anniersary cruise last year, Itried Zumba and line dancing. I was worse than hopeless at both, but kept going. I also climbed stairs from deck 5 to deck 12 each time i went up or down. I kept bg DOWN and lost weight on a 2 week cruise.
Hana

Defren

hanadr said:
On our 40th wedding anniersary cruise last year, Itried Zumba and line dancing. I was worse than hopeless at both, but kept going. I also climbed stairs from deck 5 to deck 12 each time i went up or down. I kept bg DOWN and lost weight on a 2 week cruise.
Hana

Well done Hana, lost weight on hols, that has to be pretty unique. I would like to try zumba, I love the music, but think my wobbly bits will wobble just a little too much, and convinced my joints would never allow it. So I shall carry on walking, at least until I feel I could try something new. I am waiting for my cleaning lady to tell me when her referral to the gym is activated, as I plan to go with her. Once I stop wobbling as much (I sound like a weeble) I plan to swim each day.

Defren

tree-peony said:
don't fall down! ;)

50 minutes done, just had my dinner shake, so will let that go down a bit then do the last 10. Yippee, today is a good day.

I really don't look like a weeble any more, I actually have a waist. Gotta be a good thing. :D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Defren said:
Well done Hana, lost weight on hols, that has to be pretty unique. I would like to try zumba, I love the music, but think my wobbly bits will wobble just a little too much

I don't go to Zumba, but if I did, wobbly bits would be the biggest reason why :twisted: