EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
My UK T2 90 year old dad got offered one late last year and postponed as it as he wasn't happy going out during COIVD. (He spent 15 months sheltering at home only going out for doctor's appointments.) Now he's been vaccinated I must remember to ask whether he's got a new date.

CallMeAlan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in the Newbury area, RG14. I received a letter out of the blue a week or so ago inviting me for an eye test in early August.

aard

the never bother to inform when rules change. My optician used to screen for diabetes but that stopped some years ago without telling me. Then the regular eye test changed to two years without telling me.

Now it seems the retinopaty is changing to two yrs when last time had, they said see you next year.

Personally all this just feels like cost cutting to me, bit like the dreadful dental service in this country. Private doesn't seem to be much better.

And my GP is no help because they dont do the testing. Mine is done by some unknown (to me) provider at hospital. GP when asked wouldnt tell me who!

Rant over :)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just noting that since I last posted, I have been given an appointment.
Well, 3 actually.
First one I was on holiday.
Second one was cancelled at short notice.
Third one is in around 3 weeks.