Eyes

Dj75

Only been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 weeks. Today i tested using my uncles machine and my level was normal so why are my eyes still blurry. My eyes are really concerning me!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s usually nothing to be worried about. Your eyes have got used to focusing with high blood sugar levels which affects your focus. Now you have controlled your blood sugar levels they have to get used to normal levels again. I never had blurry vision but I’m sure someone who has will be along to reassure you further.

Reactions: Dj75 and Prem51

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 weeks. Today i tested using my uncles machine and my level was normal so why are my eyes still blurry. My eyes are really concerning me!
Had the same thing, it'll pass. Your brain had to correct for a distortion in your vision (due to glucose in your eyeballs), and now it has to get used to not doing that anymore. If you're having a lot of trouble with it, cheap reading specs'll get you through to the other end.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m a type 1 who had awful trouble with this. It was the thing I found most distressing. Get some cheap reading glasses as @JoKalsbeek suggests. It certainly helped me. I had to wait a couple of months before they had settled down enough to have my eyes retested. By which time they were back to my normal prescription.