Facebook nukes Tim Naokes LCHF group...

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I re-posted the OP on FB as I have several friends (relatives actually) who would be interested. I can't find it now, so I re-posted. Could just be my old age and not being able to find the post.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Facebook, like other social media, has been heavily criticised over the last few years especially for "allowing" inappropriate content. I'm no computer expert but 35 years working in the mainframe computer industry makes me like to think that "I have a clue". With the number of people putting stuff onto social media, reliable human checking of content is not practical. I'm inclined to think that checking content is done by software and that this could be done while content was being added and/or by doing a trawl of the entire system a bit like the virus check I run once a week to check the entire system on my laptop and desktop.
So, only a theory but perhaps it got removed "automatically" and subsequent revue has allowed it to be re-instated.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
From what I understand (running a way less popular group and getting various bits of feedback from multiple places), Facebook doesn't consider something with 1.6mn members to be a "community" any more, as it's more like a city, and they are trying to refocus the platform on "communities". Having said that, Noakes is way more controversial than many of the other lead LCHF-ers, and that's also likely to be in play.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
Lchf is taken off and restored. But the grapeseed supplements and diabetic herbal pads advertisements that claimed to restore bgl from double figures to below 6.0 are still active.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's also worth noting that this was the only group to be affected, as none of the other LCHF groups were removed, and none of the others were as big.

I don't believe facebook have restored it. The people that set it up have recreated it.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the group founder, the group was reinstated by Facebook:

xeyedmess.jpg

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
It seems the community page has been restored...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Banting7DayMealPlans/

But haven't come across any explanation...
I have been following this. Jeff Gerber asked for low carbers to join the group, I just did (applied). Much low carb content is getting removed from social platforms but much still remains, so it is hard to gauge if it is poor automation or something more sinister.

There were many heavyweights who got involved, if only they were all part of an all singing a dancing single body, which all of us who agree with around 80% of a set of views supported. I bang on about this so eventually I know I will write to as many as I can. I would willingly pay £25.00 a year to protect my right to grass fed meat, force a change of reporting from relative risk to absolute, pressure TV / Ofcom to present competiting views, rather than the free pass given to some movements etc.

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ask me why I dont do social media.OK,I will tell you.Its nothing but agenda,social engineering and propaganda. IMO,FWIW.Just doesnt work for me.
Nope,not for me.Life is too short.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ask me why I dont do social media.OK,I will tell you.Its nothing but agenda,social engineering and propaganda. IMO,FWIW.Just doesnt work for me.

My son often calls it Baitbook

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It's only that if you allow it to be that.

I and a group of us supported a family through their newborns heart surgery when they were suddenly transferred to a hospital hundreds of miles away from their home. They were complete strangers to us before that.
My groups include rescuing food, job and accommodation hunting, book sharing, low carb everything, linking up breastfeeding women struggling, with other women willing to donate, I'm able to see friends and family hundreds of miles away, find catering equipment, share good fortune, find local events and much, much more.