Facebook, the good, the bad or the ugly ?

K

Kat100

Sorry Tim I'm really not meaning to argue with you all the time. I'll try to leave this subject alone after this post, I promise! :)

When I belonged to FB I did have appropriate privacy settings. They were then changed without my knowledge or consent. That's why I no longer have anything to do with FB, that's why I don't feel safe there.

OK, if you want I'll let you have the last word now. ;):)
Yes, and I am a novice to get by I if you know what I mean ...I along with others are not so always up to speed with privacy settings etc...
And then there is tagging ....and Twitter ...it is a whole big world out there ...
I use it , but can't say I understand it all ....settings etc. etc ....with reference to this thread though I still go with control and choice ....and privacy ...personal choice and preference of course ....

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Let's start that secret thread ....
Remember it is a secret ....
Names if you want to join :hilarious:

I haven't been a 'gang' since a teenager :D( not today's type of gangs I hasten to add ) :stop: :wideyed:

Reactions: 3 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's .....I am just having a think ...but will let you know :)
Ideas welcome ....;)

Thanks for your support on the other thread, I mean how can you learn about stuff if you don't ask the questions right, though I do have a problem with words sometimes and what I want to say doesn't always come out quite as I intended

K

Kat100

Thanks for your support on the other thread, I mean how can you learn about stuff if you don't ask the questions right, though I do have a problem with words sometimes and what I want to say doesn't always come out quite as I intended
Keep on asking , you are brill x

seasidegirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our technology is increasing lonliness.
I read a good article about it .... see if I can find it later.
Virtual contact is no substitute for the real thing ... can be handy but can all so easily become the only contact.
It's also having the affect of people speaking to thers in ways they never would in real life but .... it's sp[illing over into real life.
People are becoming less and less tolerant of others .... even close others.
People are ceasing to care.
We are in the age of self and technology is magnifying that.
Why the need to take and post so many selfies?
Self self self is slowly taking over the psyche.
Why the need to say you went shopping you didn't go shopping you got some shoes you need a break etc etc.
Endless mindless trivia that no one is remotely interested in.
They are more interested in how they can reply.
It's eating people alive this technology by wayof dumbing people down to trivia being the most imortant aspects of day to day life.

Anyone wants to flame me shoot me down etc I really don't mind so I won't be reporting any flak to the mods.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Good morning sea side girl .... I can't see you posted anything?

seasidegirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our technology is increasing lonliness.
I read a good article about it .... see if I can find it later.
Virtual contact is no substitute for the real thing ... can be handy but can all so easily become the only contact.
It's also having the affect of people speaking to thers in ways they never would in real life but .... it's sp[illing over into real life.
People are becoming less and less tolerant of others .... even close others.
People are ceasing to care.
We are in the age of self and technology is magnifying that.
Why the need to take and post so many selfies?
Self self self is slowly taking over the psyche.
Why the need to say you went shopping you didn't go shopping you got some shoes you need a break etc etc.
Endless mindless trivia that no one is remotely interested in.
They are more interested in how they can reply.
It's eating people alive this technology by wayof dumbing people down to trivia being the most imortant aspects of day to day life.

Anyone wants to flame me shoot me down etc I really don't mind so I won't be reporting any flak to the mods.

Agree wholeheartedly JTL - face-to-face or written comm (opposed to data input) is dying out. People can't read nor write they
actively do not want to speak as has been specified to me by a friend(!?) - quote - " I would rather text or do FB as I can say what I want and do not have to bothered with others opinions etc."

Am not a follower of these sites, I like to feel I live a "real" life - face to face, written letters ( e-mail sometimes) and a good old chat on the 'phone can't be beaten!

Best wishes!

Reactions: 4 people

seasidegirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to you too! Another early riser I see!
Have posted 6 including you (now 7 - lol)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Yeah I think a lot of people need to take a step back now and then and go out a bit more.
Remember who and what we are.
I love this technology but and I'm aware I think of most of the pitfalls but I keep an eye on myself and my family.
It has it's place lots of people get lots of contact they wouldn't get.
I have never sent a text.
I intend never ever sending a text just to be determined and awkward.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Good morning to you too! Another early riser I see!
Have posted 6 including you (now 7 - lol)
Yeah I can see you now .... :p
I have a lot of spinal pain and strong medication so I tend to sleep every four or five hours for around four hours at the mo.