False Hypo Double vision

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last week when I was out walking I had double vision for about a minute, no other symptoms, just a bit dizzy, I have never had anything like that before. Today I took the same route and at the place it happened I measured my BG it was 4.7. I realise that a lot of people would find that unremarkable and an everyday occurrence but it is the lowest I have measured in nearly 6 years since diagnosis. I am just diet controlled and apart from mealtimes, my readings are usually about 6.0
My question to those who have hypos, or false hypos, is does it affect your vision and do you get double vision?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last week when I was out walking I had double vision for about a minute, no other symptoms, just a bit dizzy, I have never had anything like that before. Today I took the same route and at the place it happened I measured my BG it was 4.7. I realise that a lot of people would find that unremarkable and an everyday occurrence but it is the lowest I have measured in nearly 6 years since diagnosis. I am just diet controlled and apart from mealtimes, my readings are usually about 6.0
My question to those who have hypos, or false hypos, is does it affect your vision and do you get double vision?
I get a halo effect, where everything looks like it is underwater, in a circle around my vision.

PS. This is when I go down to around 3.

Last edited:

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had double vision during hypos before but it was generally only on bad ones ie those at around the 2 level

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had double vision during hypos before but it was generally only on bad ones ie those at around the 2 level
I realise I was not in hypo territory, I was just interested to know if double vision was connected with lower than normal BG and those with hypos are likely to know.