Fast foods for diabetics?

LittleWolf

Zola, bananas took me to 14s, and 16s as well- you're not the only one :p but I have 3 bananas that are going off that my dad expects me to bake something with sitting in the kitchen...

Good to hear basmati rice is ok, because when mama comes home the family eats it almost every single night being from Trinidad.

Anybody get a cheap bag of fish fillets and make a stew with them? I've started getting bags of frozen prawns etc from Lidl (**** expensive seafood...) and making a prawn cocktail with salad. My dad's been out more so I've been allowed to prepare my own meals!! :3

Has anyone tried frying fish fillets from frozen? If you sear the outside and leave the middle just a but raw it's fantastic.. Also I'm rediscovering corned beef, which you can mash up in a pan and add whatever sauces or spices you like. I use garam masala. Or melt some cheese in with it... And then dip some veggie sticks in it.

Or Fondue! Of course.... Fondue.. Yummy boozy cheese. I worry a bit about the booze but maybe it'd all balance out if you're dunking little cubes of bread in it. Very limited amounts of both the bread and alcohol.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App