Fasting BG levels below 6

israr

My Fasting BG level are always below 6 for past 3-4 months. Now i stopped checking. I am not on any medication. Just little excercise. 30 minutes walk in evening after dinner.

I was diagnosed with T2 in August. Since then i stopped eating heavy meals and totaly cut on white sugar. But in past few weeks i really dont care much about my food. I eat anything i like and mostly heavy meal. My reading 2 hours after meals are usaualy below 8. I am relaxed and not really worried like in August. My doctor said i just crossed border line and now may back to normal.
My question: Is this true? Is this possible? I can be non diabetic.

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Great that you took action and can control it so well and hope you can for a long time. I always thought that the type of tests that the medics run show you are Diabetic full stop, regardless if borderline/pre diabetic. Basically it's a chronic condition BUT it is manageable. So I doubt very much that you've cured it, especially as you're back to your past style of eating. Do you have any symptoms? If you have the means to test you'll know properly then.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Sanober is right. You can control it, and keep your levels in the non-diabetic range, but if you stop controlling your carb intake you will soon be back up to diabetic levels. You do need to test - in your place I would not necessarily test every day, but I would do a full day's testing maybe once a week, just to make sure.

You must be vigilant. You now know that you are potentially diabetic, and it will eventually "get" you if you turn your back on it!

But very well done for getting in control :D

Viv 8)

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
israr said:
My Fasting BG level are always below 6 for past 3-4 months. Now i stopped checking. I am not on any medication. Just little excercise. 30 minutes walk in evening after dinner.

I was diagnosed with T2 in August. Since then i stopped eating heavy meals and totaly cut on white sugar. But in past few weeks i really dont care much about my food. I eat anything i like and mostly heavy meal. My reading 2 hours after meals are usaualy below 8. I am relaxed and not really worried like in August. My doctor said i just crossed border line and now may back to normal.
My question: Is this true? Is this possible? I can be non diabetic.

Sorry but I doubt you are cured, it just does not work like that. I would recommend checking your blood sugars at least twice a day to keep control. Eating too much is bad news. Do you control your carbs? If you relax too much and eat without thinking, you may well find you are much worse over time. Far better surely to take control and therefore insure your health for the long term. It requires vigilance for a lifetime but it becomes routine to eat the things that you know will not spike you. The target after meals should be about 6.6mm maximum, not 8mm. Fasting is best around the 5.0mm. Such control takes effort but is very worthwhile.