1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fasting

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by bulkbiker, Jun 16, 2016.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Hi All
    Does anyone else think it might be nice to have a "Fasting" section in the Food and Nutrition part of the forum. I have noticed quite a lot of us are trying out fasting but discussion seems to get a bit lost in the Low Carb or Low Cal areas. Just an idea.. any thoughts.. not sure who to address to but will tag @Giverny in case you are the right person.
    Many thanks
    Mark

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I think it's a good idea - fasting isn't restricted to one style of diet and it seems to be a growing topic for discussion at the moment. So go for it!

Robbity

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like a great idea!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Expert

I think it would be great. I would love to hear more about how type 1's do it. I cannot skip BF but I could easily skip lunch. Dinner is iffy. Haha
    I don't need to lose weight and I have good control but still interests me more for intermittent times, just to cleanse the system.
    I loved fasting 20/4 when I was a 2 and it did great things for bs but I lost too much weight.

Any thoughts on just calorie restriction helping? I eat a fairy low cal diet and very small meals and seem to be doing well. I know it's not the same but isn't it supposed to have some of the same effects?

• Like Like x 2
  5. seanj67

seanj67 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I like that idea. I have done 5:2 and found it great, my plan is to incorporate it into my LCHF plan once I'm back in the swing of it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pink_Minx

Pink_Minx Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great idea! I read the book yesterday and am ready to give it a go, so a bunch of us going through it would be really helpful. Good idea @bulkbiker!

Edited to correct appalling spelling!

• Agree Agree x 1
    #6 Pink_Minx, Jun 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
  7. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

8. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would participate, but I am too weak and disoriented from only having water that I'll struggle to type much before exhaustion takes over.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Yes, please. I keep losing track of threads.

10. Canadian_cousin

Canadian_cousin Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I love this new section of fasting. I think the sharing that people do is great, and I get so many answers to questions. Please keep the section

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook