Fasting

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Does anyone else think it might be nice to have a "Fasting" section in the Food and Nutrition part of the forum. I have noticed quite a lot of us are trying out fasting but discussion seems to get a bit lost in the Low Carb or Low Cal areas. Just an idea.. any thoughts.. not sure who to address to but will tag @Giverny in case you are the right person.
Many thanks
Mark

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's a good idea - fasting isn't restricted to one style of diet and it seems to be a growing topic for discussion at the moment. So go for it!

Robbity

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it would be great. I would love to hear more about how type 1's do it. I cannot skip BF but I could easily skip lunch. Dinner is iffy. Haha
I don't need to lose weight and I have good control but still interests me more for intermittent times, just to cleanse the system.
I loved fasting 20/4 when I was a 2 and it did great things for bs but I lost too much weight.

Any thoughts on just calorie restriction helping? I eat a fairy low cal diet and very small meals and seem to be doing well. I know it's not the same but isn't it supposed to have some of the same effects?

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like that idea. I have done 5:2 and found it great, my plan is to incorporate it into my LCHF plan once I'm back in the swing of it.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like a great idea! I read the book yesterday and am ready to give it a go, so a bunch of us going through it would be really helpful. Good idea @bulkbiker!

Edited to correct appalling spelling!

Last edited by a moderator:

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would participate, but I am too weak and disoriented from only having water that I'll struggle to type much before exhaustion takes over.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, please. I keep losing track of threads.

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I love this new section of fasting. I think the sharing that people do is great, and I get so many answers to questions. Please keep the section