Fat head Pizza - does it keep?

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've not made fat head pizza before, but am planning to make it on Friday, to eat cold for Saturday lunch with low carb soup. Has anyone ever made it the day before and eaten it cold? Does it keep ok or would I be better off making crackers
Thanks, Suz

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn’t ‘keep’ longer than a few minutes after coming out of the oven in our house! :joyful: But seriously, it’ll be fine overnight in the fridge and being eaten cold the next day!

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks @Rachox, I'll bear that in mind and hide it away from my 'empty legs' son who hoovers up any food in sight!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Rachox, I'll bear that in mind and hide it away from my 'empty legs' son who hoovers up any food in sight!
I did manage to hide one slice from hubby, once for my packed lunch the next day!

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
chicken tikka, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. I don't eat red meat. I used mediterrean herb phili in the base

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
chicken tikka, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. I don't eat red meat. I used mediterrean herb phili in the base
I’m on my way! ;)

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m on my way! ;)
You are more than welcome! Just let me know when you're arriving and I'll make another one. It was delicious. I had a cold slice on Saturday, and a microwaved slice today. My non-diabetic friend liked it too. He's very supportive and eats low carb whenever we're eating together. I'm sure he must be very hungry but he doesn't eat any more than me!

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are more than welcome! Just let me know when you're arriving and I'll make another one. It was delicious. I had a cold slice on Saturday, and a microwaved slice today. My non-diabetic friend liked it too. He's very supportive and eats low carb whenever we're eating together. I'm sure he must be very hungry but he doesn't eat any more than me!

I need to make another one, my husband happily eats it too!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Make it veg or chicken topping and I'll be there! Maybe we could have a Fat Head Pizza forum picnic in the summer?

Oh wouldn’t that be lovely a giant low carb picnic :):hungry:

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it okay if I hijack this topic for a moment? I made the fathead dough from Tasty, so far its the only one I've made that's 'turned out'. It calls for 1/3 c almond or coconut, I used mostly almond and a little coconut, maybe 2 tbsps and the dought just tastes SO MUCH like coconut... Is that normal? What's your recipe?

I did top mine with marinara and cheese and it helped with the flavour.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it okay if I hijack this topic for a moment? I made the fathead dough from Tasty, so far its the only one I've made that's 'turned out'. It calls for 1/3 c almond or coconut, I used mostly almond and a little coconut, maybe 2 tbsps and the dought just tastes SO MUCH like coconut... Is that normal? What's your recipe?

I did top mine with marinara and cheese and it helped with the flavour.

This is the recipe I use, it just calls for almond flour, no coconut:
https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

tk123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@tk123 You're welcome to join this thread! It's not exclusive.

Thanks! I shall!

I made these today; I followed Tasty's recipe which was posted on their Facebook yesterday, I believe. I subbed a little bit of the almond for coconut, as I ran out, but aside from the strong cocnut taste, theyre great. I made 2 mini cheese pizzas and I plan on doing sandwhiches and stuff. :)
981f4e1eff0ddf273b31b96716be9216.jpg

I also just made a batch of 'cookies' by adding some butter, vanilla, and 1tbsp maple syrup.

Reactions: SueJB