Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7A016651-628E-43FB-B8D4-79543AD2A2DA.jpeg
I can’t believe I’ve waited nearly 5 months since my diabetes diagnosis to try making a fathead pizza. Wow!!!!
It was delicious and so filling. Waiting for hubby to come home from work to see what he thinks of it.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's great isn't it! Though I haven't made it for a while as it's very calorie dense and these days if I go above 1200 cals a day I gain weight no matter where my calories come from. Maybe next week for my birthday but I am hoping to get taken out for supper - we'll see lol

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Coincidentally, my youngest just came in with a takeaway pizza. As he sat down I showed him your fathead and he said it looked nice and he would try it! I'm not a lover of pizza but I will do one of these for the family as a healthy alternative. Happy Days.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coincidentally, my youngest just came in with a takeaway pizza. As he sat down I showed him your fathead and he said it looked nice and he would try it! I'm not a lover of pizza but I will do one of these for the family as a healthy alternative. Happy Days.
I really don’t think anyone would realise it wasn’t ‘normal’ pizza if you didn’t tell them.

Reactions: Guzzler

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow the base is made of lots of cheese (and some other bits)?! Surely the only thing to improve pizza is to add more cheese! I love cheese btw ;)

Reactions: natariimei

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow the base is made of lots of cheese (and some other bits)?! Surely the only thing to improve pizza is to add more cheese! I love cheese btw ;)
It does indeed contain cheese, two types. You should give it a try if you’re low carbing or even if you’re not! :joyful:

Reactions: lou258

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It does indeed contain cheese, two types. You should give it a try if you’re low carbing or even if you’re not! :joyful:

I think I will :) I’m not lchf but am now a lot more conscious of my carbs since my recent t1 diagnosis so am def med-lowish carbs now ;)

Reactions: Rachox

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese is like mana from heaven. A good piece of cheese is a really nice thing.

Reactions: lou258 and Rachox

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese is like mana from heaven. A good piece of cheese is a really nice thing.

Was chatting to my dad earlier who’s just come back from Amsterdam, he as telling me about his cheese factory visit where they sampled some insane number of cheeses. Not jealous at all (ok that’s a complete lie...!)

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We have a
Was chatting to my dad earlier who’s just come back from Amsterdam, he as telling me about his cheese factory visit where they sampled some insane number of cheeses. Not jealous at all (ok that’s a complete lie...!)
We have a decent cheese shop here. The woman that runs it is very knowledgeable about cheese. There's some good ones coming out of Quebec recently.

Reactions: lou258

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We have a

We have a decent cheese shop here. The woman that runs it is very knowledgeable about cheese. There's some good ones coming out of Quebec recently.

I shall have to see if I can locate any in the U.K. I love finding new cheeses. Mmmmmm

Reactions: Ixarix

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 24070 I can’t believe I’ve waited nearly 5 months since my diabetes diagnosis to try making a fathead pizza. Wow!!!!
It was delicious and so filling. Waiting for hubby to come home from work to see what he thinks of it.

That does look good. Is it difficult to make? (I’m not much of a cook).