Fathead Pizza mmmm!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very easy - a little tip I flip the base and bake both sides it makes it firmer - but watch it it cooks fast
The first one I made

Attachments

• IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: Goonergal

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very easy - a little tip I flip the base and bake both sides it makes it firmer - but watch it it cooks fast
The first one I made
Yes I did that too :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Loved the idea until I got to microwave part, I haven't got one. Boohoo!! Any ideas

Look up the original Fat Head pizza recipe- no microwave involved. On my phone and can’t find the link but it’s on the Diet Doctor website.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad this thread has just been posted to so I saw it! This looks amazing. Right to the top of my what-to-try-next list.

Reactions: Rachox

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad this thread has just been posted to so I saw it! This looks amazing. Right to the top of my what-to-try-next list.

It’s fab! Pic of my first one attached

Attachments

• D60479BA-8E38-4A32-A520-4B33DE6FB9EB.jpeg
    D60479BA-8E38-4A32-A520-4B33DE6FB9EB.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: Mandi05

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 24070 I can’t believe I’ve waited nearly 5 months since my diabetes diagnosis to try making a fathead pizza. Wow!!!!
It was delicious and so filling. Waiting for hubby to come home from work to see what he thinks of it.

How much does it spike bg levels?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How much does it spike bg levels?
I’ve cooked this three times and from first bite to two hours later readings were between 0.2 and 0.7 mmols/l higher

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 24070 I can’t believe I’ve waited nearly 5 months since my diabetes diagnosis to try making a fathead pizza. Wow!!!!
It was delicious and so filling. Waiting for hubby to come home from work to see what he thinks of it.

I made this last night. I used chorizo, mushrooms, cheddar and mini sweet peppers for the topping.

Tasted *amazing*, thanks for highlighting this.

Any top tips about making the base and being able to get it off the greaseproof paper after cooking? I think I may have misjudged the meaning of "2 tablespoons" of cream cheese for mine, I ended up having to put lots more almond flour in and it was still quite moist. I coated the grease proof paper with olive oil, but still I couldn't get the base off after cooking it. I ended up putting the whole lot, paper included, on the plate and scraping it off to eat it. Didn't affect the taste however:)

Going to be trying a similar thing tonight, using Lidl high protein rolls as the base for now. Which I suppose some people would call cheese on toast!