Favourite Keto treat?

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto for 5 1/2 months and fancy a treat so just ordered some Cadbury Bournville cocoa powder and double cream to make Keto Cocoa.

Noticed Lindt Excellence dark noir 99% cocoa:

https://www.lindt.co.uk/shop/our-brands/excellence/99-excellence-50g

which is only 8g Carbs (of which sugars 1g) per 100g, although not cheap at £2.39 for 50g.

What is your favourite Keto treat? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAndyC
M

Member496333

99% is a poor effort. Must try harder :D

100% cocoa solids on the ingredients list and £2.50 per 100g bar at Sainsbury’s...

100-cocoa-chocolate-bar-absolute-black-p249-556_zoom.jpg

M

Member496333

Also only 8% carbohydrate but less “sugar” (<0.5g which means zero?). Not that it matters at those levels, but it’s cheaper, and LUSH. Highly recommended. Although I limit it to weekends, as it’s so nice it could easily promote snacking, which isn’t compatible with my lifestyle :)

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also only 8% carbohydrate but less “sugar” (<0.5g which means zero?). Not that it matters at those levels, but it’s cheaper, and LUSH. Highly recommended. Although I limit it to weekends, as it’s so nice it could easily promote snacking, which isn’t compatible with my lifestyle :)
MANY thanks! Also available with almonds (on Amazon)!

M

Member496333

Sometimes I coarse blend a few squares into a spinach, double cream, coconut milk and freshly squeezed lemon juice smoothie. Scrumptious, satiating and full of nutrition. Adjust the double cream ratio depending on hunger :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
M&S do a 100% cocoa choc but its quite high carb at 13g per 100 and tastes disgusting so maybe avoid that one... let me take that one for the team..

Reactions: Geoffno6

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
M&S do a 100% cocoa choc but its quite high carb at 13g per 100 and tastes disgusting so maybe avoid that one... let me take that one for the team..
Thanks, bb!

Sometimes I coarse blend a few squares into a spinach, double cream, coconut milk and freshly squeezed lemon juice smoothie.
Sounds, .... interesting! :)

M

Member496333

Incidentally, cocoa is incredibly nutritious. I also sprinkle organic cocoa powder and cinnamon powder on my creamed coffee. Love keto and would never go back to dirty carbs! Every day is full of treats. In fact everything is a treat :hungry:

Reactions: pdmjoker

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As an aside, I recently learned that there's a difference between
Cacao and Cocoa powder.
I had always assumed the difference was merely language.
According to https://www.foodmatters.com/article/raw-cacao-vs-cocoa-whats-the-difference
apparently not.

Edited to add;
The carb values in cocoa powder is all over the place. No two brands have identical carb values.
I s'pose it may have to do with how each manufacturer processes their product, and how that in of itself impacts the carb values of the final product.
It irritates me just the sameo_O
One of these days I will ditch the cocoa powders and stick to the 100% Chocolate bars...just that fussing with them prior to making my hot drinks with them, is a step I would rather not have to take.
Ironically defatting the cocoa powders result in their fat content being lower, but their carb content being much higher than the 100% cocoa chocolates.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Incidentally, cocoa is incredibly nutritious. I also sprinkle organic cocoa powder and cinnamon powder on my creamed coffee. Love keto and would never go back to dirty carbs! Every day is full of treats. In fact everything is a treat :hungry:
If only I lost weight on keto. I would have been sorted.
Once I'm my ideal weight I'm hoping it will keep me sorted.
I'll be monitoring heavily.
On a veg and seasoned meal and 200cal shakes for dietician as low carbing only doesn't help me lose weight. I have loads to lose.
I too love keto eating.

Last edited:

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Pork scratchings..... Nuff said.

Reactions: pdmjoker

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
99% is a poor effort. Must try harder :D

100% cocoa solids on the ingredients list and £2.50 per 100g bar at Sainsbury’s...

100-cocoa-chocolate-bar-absolute-black-p249-556_zoom.jpg
That's what I have also. The downside is that other chocolate now tastes sweet.

Reactions: Member496333