Fed Up

DeepBlue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am at a low.
I am Trying to do Low Carb diet but it feels like I am putting a load of effort in for nothing and seem to be losing weight so slowly
I know I should exercise more but don’t. I am able to work from home but by the time I am finished work I am so tired I don’t want to exercise.
I have weights to use but don’t want to as I feel too self conscious. Basically I seem to come up with a load of excuses so that I stay where I am in the chair.
It’s a catch 22 I want to be fitter but don’t want to do anything about it and it’s getting down.
Everything seems to make me anxious. Being on low carb diet made me irritable but then so does diabetes
Basically I don’t know where to turn or what to do nothing I have tried seems to help or maybe I am doing it all wrong.
Sorry to have had a whine to you all
Any advice and any one feel the same?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The low carb diet is intended to reduce your blood glucose levels to more normal levels. Is it doing that?

DeepBlue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The low carb diet is intended to reduce your blood glucose levels to more normal levels. Is it doing that?

It does not seem to but then I have not been religiously monitoring it. The last fast morning bloods were 7.7

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was moaning at slow weight loss, I was told not to use the scales. According to my scales I have lost 4 lbs in 2 months. But in that time my belt has gone in 5 holes, my clothes are hanging of me and a coat I bought at Chrsitmas now goes round me AND my husband.
Sometimes I find low carb easy, other times it sucks, but my meter instantly shows me what is poison to my body and it's easier to resist it the next time.
Find what does suit you about it. I have never eaten so much cheese since decades of low fat eating and treat myself to try a new kind each week, for example

Reactions: Bex72

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you can sort out the amount of carbs you can eat by using your meter, you should see your post meal levels falling week on week, which reduces the insulin you are producing and that makes it easier to lose weight as a side effect as your metabolism gets back into balance - and of course you should feel a lot better and have more energy if you have normal BG levels.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am at a low.
I am Trying to do Low Carb diet but it feels like I am putting a load of effort in for nothing and seem to be losing weight so slowly
I know I should exercise more but don’t. I am able to work from home but by the time I am finished work I am so tired I don’t want to exercise.
I have weights to use but don’t want to as I feel too self conscious. Basically I seem to come up with a load of excuses so that I stay where I am in the chair.
It’s a catch 22 I want to be fitter but don’t want to do anything about it and it’s getting down.
Everything seems to make me anxious. Being on low carb diet made me irritable but then so does diabetes
Basically I don’t know where to turn or what to do nothing I have tried seems to help or maybe I am doing it all wrong.
Sorry to have had a whine to you all
Any advice and any one feel the same?
Hi @DeepBlue ,

The others make good points... Are you seeing a reduction in blood sugars around your meals? Fasting BG's are the last to come down, so they're not what anyone'd call very motivational. If you're doing good around meals however (test before a meal and 2 hours after the first bite, shouldn't see a rise of more than 2.0 mmol/l).... That can be encouraging.

And sometimes we can't exercise. Whether it's due to an injury, depression or chronic illness, sometimes that chair's just more appealing or more do-able. Just focus on the diet first, which seems to be making you down too. Are there improvements you can make? Things you'd enjoy eating, so it's less of a chore? https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- might have some ideas, Dietdoctor.com too.

And mind you, after being locked up at home for a few months my leg muscles have wasted away entirely... So this week, my husband and I have been using an app that makes a route for us to walk. I'm now finally exploring the greater area of the town I've lived in for the past 14-odd years, rather than just going to/through the places I know. I'm sore as heck, but it's an enjoyable walk. And my body's getting a little strength back. Here's a few pics from the 2,5 miles we did past Sunday. I know I can't walk a long distance if I am aware of said distance, my camera distracts me though. Maybe find a way to trick yourself into moving about too? If not, just go with the diet dirst.... Fix that so you love what you're eating. And have a gander at Baarn's rural surroundings.
FB_IMG_1591537061714.jpg

FB_IMG_1591537064219.jpg

FB_IMG_1591537075199.jpg

FB_IMG_1591537091169.jpg