Feel rough today

jethro42

hi
I have not posted much because generally I have been feeling OK. I am type2 and hover between 6 & 8. My meter says the average is 7.4. Today was totally different and I look and feel awful. My boss was with me and he said I went pale within seconds, I got the shakes and blured vision. I had ate the same as I do most days but when I managed to test myself I was 11.8.

It was 3 hours before I came round. This is the highest I have been for some time, and at the time I put it down to what I had eaten. I used to be terrible at the weeknds. Could I be the type that suffers when it goes over 9/10. I will call my nurse in the morning. I am off to bed now for a few hours.
regards

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i feel lousy when in double numbers,
if youve eaten no different you may either be coming down with a virus or may need a medication review with your health care provider :D

lilibet

Ditto the advice. Hypers can be as horrible as hypos

If I get into double figures I could lie down in the street and go to sleep

Ironic really as my bg was off the chart and I had clearly been diabetic the week before I was diagnosed as I trampled round Italy in the blistering sun eating choc ice cream, Milka Chocolate, full fat coke, pasta, pizza, bread for brekkie, sugar in my coffee etc etc. Still, it would explain the 'siesta's every day which I thought were just my body needing a hard earned rest :lol:

Ianmac

Dislikes
unfriendly people , chicken stirfry !!
I dont check my blood sugar readings but get like you feel......in fact the only time i've felt good was 15 months ago when I was first put on medication.....!!

I was diagnosed after 3 weeks of raging thirst. I was drinking pints and pints of water , eating ice by the tub full and icelollies by the dozen. At this moment in time i'm getting up to eat stuff nearly as soon as i've gone to sleep...!!

jethro42

hi
I had a water infection again. Just getting over it and starting to feel a bit fresher.

This must be the 6th time in a year I have had this and its about the only thing that can really knock me of my feet and keep me in bed. The doc' said it comes with diabetes and I admit that I canot remeber ever having a water infection before being diagnosed.

cheers

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hope you are soon well,
im not too sure about the fact they go hand in hand with diabetes as touch wood, i havent had one whilst diabetic :)

lilibet

I dont think anything goes 'hand in hand' with diabetes as such (LT complications aside)
and I HATE it when Docs say that - if its all so bloody inevitable then why bother have us control our bg!

Its just that uncontrolled bg/high bg is a fantastic breeding ground for bugs hence the problems with healing, and the tendency towards things like UTI - urinary tracts being a lovely place for bugs to breed

Thrush is also a common problem for the same reason so best way to 'get over' bouts of continued probs is to have a belt at trying to keep bg in good figures if possible

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
lilibet said:
I dont think anything goes 'hand in hand' with diabetes

I think that sometimes you just have to accept that some things are more likely to be a potential problem to diabetics regardless of bg level control.

I had a urinary infection just before xmas and I consider my bg levels to be well controlled.