Feeling desparate and fed up

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Have been struggling with rising BG for the past year before then if I was careful and took my meds was fairly ok ,now have had a few changes in pills but still mainly 14-17 bg ,now on Actos which worries me lots re heart and bone loss risks now today I feel very teary and so fed up with all of it so has anyone had to change to insulin with similar Bg rates and if so did you feel better for it. Sorry to be negative but I just wish I could be undiabetic again :(

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
awfully sorry you are feeling bad, its a viscious circle for you as high sugars can make u feel down aswell as unwell, i would certainly go back to your gp and tell them as they may be able to sort your medication out,
try keep your chin up as once your bloods are under control you should feel much better emotionally :D

wallycorker

Hi Borderter,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling as you do.

I suppose that you are aware of the effect that starchy carbohydrate has on blood glucose levels? Cutting back dramatically on things such as cereals, bread, potatoes, pasta and rice usually leads to a big and quick improvement in blood glucose levels.

Have you tried doing that?

Best wishes - John

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
yes i do follow those carb rules as much as poss but still cant control Bg ,am visiting the diabetic nurse every 3 weeks to a month and drugs get increased/changed but still cant find the right meds and feel such a pest when nothing suits

jopar

Hi Borderter

sorry that you seen to have hit a wall with your treatment, I do wonder though if meds don't seem to be doing the trick, I wonder if rather than being a type 2 diabetic, you are actually LADA/1.5 this is very similar to Type1 diabetes, and is often called slow on set type1 !

There is a test that your doctor can do, GAD anti-body test which should help depicted what is happening, but a classic sign of LADA/1.5 is that at first it's thought you are Type2 do oral medication is given, this either doesnt work or over time stops working..

If you have to go onto insulin, it's not all bad like any medication it has it con's such as increased risk of hypos but over all it does make diabetes a lot easier to control once you've got the hang of things and can give you more flexibility in food that you choose to eat..

Reactions: jn81

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks I find that very interesting.Was sooo down that feel Actos was affecting my mood as normally I am cheerful anyway have stopped taking it and already feel more myself ,have got an appt with surgery on Tuesday so will ask nurse to do that blood test so that might clarify things.Have been on 90mgs of gliclazide for quite a while now so maybe it has begun to burn out pancreas as read on this forum.Have a happy new year :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I shouldn't worry too much about the Gliclazide. You are only on a low dose. I was on 320g of the stuff for years, now off it and my Pancreas is working fine. No burn out.

Frankly, the source for that comment is not reliable and should be treated with disdain. It was never shown to do that, only somebodys opinion. A person who want's people to follow a particular type of diet. It really wasn't in his interest to promote medication. Gliclazide is one of the more
effective anti-diabetic drugs around. You just have to be careful of weight gain on higher doses.