Feeling dizzy when bg in range

Anfalas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

I havent controled my diabetes well and didn't try for a long time so my sugar was always high. Like between 10-13 all the time.

Recently I decided to change and started new medication called ozempic. Side effects aside its going ok.

But lately my sugar started to be in range like 6.8 and 5.4 but every time this happens I feel dizzy and have hot flushes etc

Is this normal because my body is used to high sugar as a basis so now its in actual range my body thinks it low?

Or is this another side effect of medication?

Thanks

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found that a tiny amount of fruit helped - like, three grapes chewed slowly after a drink of water or tea - it was in the winter when I had them so I think that the warmth also helped. I would sit for a minute and the sensation just slipped away quite quickly. They went away after a few days, once I got used to the lower levels of glucose.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Anfalas
I agree with the others re the symptoms of false hypos but am just going to add a caveat that just because false hypos often present like that it doesn't mean that it isn't side effects or something completely unrelated. Strangers on a diabetic forum, however well meaning (and we are very well meaning :)) can't replace advice from your medical team.