Feeling down

rosajean

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So its decided after test results that I am type 2 , even though my initial symptoms pointed to my being type 1. That's ok and I am getting my blood glucose levels down to around 5-6 . Its only been a month since diagnosis and I seem to be doing ok, so why do I feel so depressed ?.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Rosajean

Well done on getting your levels down. Being diagnosed was a huge shock and upset to me.
Please go to see your DN or GP if you are feeling depressed as depression can make it harder to control your BG.
(((((((((((( HUG ))))))))))))

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The feelings you are having are normal. You have been diagnosed with a condition that will change your life. You may find that you will go through stages of different emotions, fear, anger, guilt and self pity. This is all normal and eventually the feeling of acceptance kicks in. I felt a kind of grief for my pre diagnosis life but once I had accepted it then I felt I could move forward.
Well done on your bg control, keep up the good work. Remember that improving your health is an empowering thing, you can be in control of your future. Good luck.

Reactions: nomoredonuts