Feeling out of it ...

engie1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd appreciate some advice. My fasting blood sugar today was 12.2 and has varied between this and around 8 for the last three weeks.

I've begun to feel really tired, listless and quite 'out of it'. Tonight, a lovely and warm one, I had thought about going for a ride on my bike or for a walk yet I am too tired to do more that sit on the sofa gazing at my phone or the TV set.

What's wrong with me? Any ideas about how I can feel refreshed, find some energy and enthusiasm?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you test your blood sugar this evening when you felt tired @engie1967 ?

High blood sugar can make you feel tired so it would be worth checking.

Reactions: pcs63

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd appreciate some advice. My fasting blood sugar today was 12.2 and has varied between this and around 8 for the last three weeks.

I've begun to feel really tired, listless and quite 'out of it'. Tonight, a lovely and warm one, I had thought about going for a ride on my bike or for a walk yet I am too tired to do more that sit on the sofa gazing at my phone or the TV set.

What's wrong with me? Any ideas about how I can feel refreshed, find some energy and enthusiasm?

do you eat low carb ? if not , you need to know that low carb eating style is the main road to get blood glucose numbers down and lower. well of couse depending on what medications you are on. you level is too high and tis can make you tired and make your brain become tired all the time,,

if you already are doing low carb eating, then your high numbers could be due to an infection of another illness and you need to see a doctor..

are you taking any medication for your diabetes ?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating a high carb diet for several tears before I was diagnosed at type 2 turned me into a complete zombie! I was permanently tired and brain fogged, but cutting right down on the carbs changed all that quite quickly for me, so eating a low carb higher fat diet is well worth a try. And include a little virgin coconut oil, it's a good quick energy booster.

Robbity

Reactions: Dizzylish78

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Do you drink enough water? This has a big impact on my levels