Feeling weakness with sugar 190/210 ?

TheMiziko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys, so basically, I'm a pretty weird person. i eat this same things over and over, at this same hours for past 1.5 year. And after I had absolutely terrifying cause of hypoglycemia, for 8 hours at night, and eating around 5w wand stopping my pump for 7 hours I still had 60 sugar. I didn't sleep at all at this night. I don't think it was any case of giving too much insulin, but after that, I started to purposely increasing my sugar level at evening. And now, i can even have sugar 360-400 for 4 hours, without feeling any syndromes of hyperglycemia. but now, after 6 months of this, and increasing my HBa1c from 6.2 to 7.9 I had enough.
But now... when I have sugar around 290 in evening, and 160/190 during the day, instead of much higher values, I feel weakness... like I have 60/70 ...
It's really discouraging form improving my diabetes, and I think i don't need to explain, what can happend, if I will get discouraged now. I can even land in hospital because of this. Is it possible that after getting my body used to this high sugars,I just feel weak ? and it will someday improve ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You need to go back to the basics and start with some basal testing, have a read of the following from Gary Scheiner which gives a good explanation on how to do a basal test:

http://integrateddiabetes.com/basal-testing/

Also, a book worth purchasing and comes highly recommended on the forum amongst the pump users is Pumping Insulin by John Walsh & Ruth Roberts, it really is a must read if you want to get the most from your pump.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The weak feelings at high sugars could be due to 'false hypos' - your body gets used to being high so even if your sugar is normal you can feel like you're having a hypo. If it is this, it will gradually improve as your body gets used to normal sugars.