feet checkup

sue999

hi, i was diagnosed in nov last year & am having my first feet examination tomorrow. what do they do, and will i be told if there is any thing wrong tomorrow? or have to wait a few weeks for the results?

jopar

The will check the circulation and pulse, also use a very fine pin/needle to check how well or not you can feel sensation in different parts of your foot, sometimes the use a tuning fork on the foot to see what of vibration you feel ( this is wired indeed, as every time I'v had this one done, I can feel the vibration up through the bone as well right into my lower leg, which I am told is a very good sign indeed) then they will give them a look over between toes etc, to see if you might have any problems athlete foot, hard skin etc..

You will be told straight away if they find anything and what if anything needs to be done about it...

Good luck, you should be ok, unless you've got ticklish feet :lol:

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Podiatrists usually have plenty of preventative care advice too which is so important. Mine was full of useful info after I had a toe scare a few years ago, like using surgical spirit to keep between your toes clean and dry.

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
had my first check up today, as has been said checked everything was ok, pulse on left foot was hard to find but nothing to worry about.
Even had toe nails trimmed and filed down.

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Still waiting on appointment for my first foot checkup, good to know what they do thanks.