Feldman protocol anyone done this for cholesterol?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I posted a link to a study showing that high cholesterol in itself was not a risk factor for heart attack risk, unless that cholesterol was accompanied by high triglycerides.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/its-the-triglycerides-not-the-cholesterol.135121/
Geoff
Thanks will take a look next I will also ask them to do a trigs if possible as this wasn’t done last time. Would imagine they should have gone down but would be good to know that was the case. Very useful thank you

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 don't forget the Q-Risk3 calculator is very basic, and if you play about with it you will see what I mean. Remove diabetes and the risk about halves, add smoking and the extra risk is less than diabetes. Postcodes matter too, and every birthday the risk goes up. In fact there is nothing I can do to lower mine from the teens - age and diabetes put it there with everything else being perfect. https://qrisk.org/three/

Also, your 18% risk isn't 18% of the whole population. It is 18% of those with identical criteria to you.
My DN told me to ignore it.

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just had my blood work done last Wednesday. I did the three day Feldman Protocol and the results were disappointing. My HDL went from 1.76 in December to 1.67
My Trigs remained the same at 1.47
My LDL went from 5.06 to 5.13
Total Cholesterol went from 7.49 to 7.48.
Hba1c went from 5.8 to 6.1. Eventually I’ll get this sorted out.
I have an appointment with my Dr in less than 2 hours and I’m sure he’ll be pushing the statins again and once again I’ll be refusing them.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did also wonder about this aspect as know that it is protective for women over a certain age! I
The older woman theory was women who did not have diabetes .I asked my doctor about it and she said that as a diabetic we are at high risk of heart attack and stroke and raised cholesterol can add to that risk so while higher cholesterol may be ok for older women it is not for those with diabetes so we have to make up our own mind what we think about it