Fetal Stem Cell Treatment

Chelsey

Hi all,

I have been researching possible diabetes cures. ( I no it's not possible at the minute but you can only hope) and I have come across an american website 'www.medra.com' which talks about fetal stem cells that are used to cure many diseases.

I sent an email asking about it and I got a call back from someone within half an hour. The treatment obviously costs but it's something I would definately pay if the treatment is proven to be safe and effective.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of this treatment and if you have any information about it???

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
We have heard of it but nothing positive as yet. Here is a link to our own Community pages which discusses a little about what is known so far.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/Diabetes-And- ... earch.html

How close are we to a widespread stem cell cure for diabetes ?

That all depends on governments and scientists, but recent research has shown major breakthroughs are possible when it comes to treating and curing diabetes with stem cells. Type 1 diabetes is particularly difficult to cure, as the body has attacked and destroyed insulin-producing cells. Before the future can become real, numerous safety issues regarding human stem cells need to be addressed, and a renewable source of human stem cells must be created.

Ken