Few Questions.

diabeticdancer

Insulin pump... How is it for exercise? I'm a dancer and concerned about being lifted, rolling, throwing myself around the classroom and performing. Will it stay on? Can I take it off? ( I would google this but I prefer people to tell me from experience)

Other news - for the first time in weeks my blood was 4.9 :) I'm on 8 units of humalog in morning before breakfast and 8 at night. Have done shed loads of exercise today and had lots of energy. Also made the error of pricking my finger when my heart rate was still up. At least I didn't have to squeeze my finger. I'm rambling.

Hope you are all well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi diabeticdancer

Looks like you have done my exercise too and have my share of energy!!

Well done you in getting your blood sugars down.

Sorry I cannot help with the Pump issue. I am sure someone will be able to help. I have moved your thread to our pumping area of the forum for our experts to see.

Take care

Doug

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was worried about the pump getting in the way as I have a very energetic climbing all over me clumsy 4 year old but I'm so happy with it. I wear the pump in a little bag that I ordered off eBay that has poppers on it with 3 different sizes, also instead of the 50cm lines I've ordered some 20cm lines which come in handy. I usually have the pump clipped to my bra on the side underneath my arm or clip it onto my underwear and tuck it into my trousers. I very rarely even notice it's there I've dropped it sometimes and it's been hanging on with the cannulas sticky pad but haven't felt anything and it's been fine. Also laid on it in bed and it's been knocked and no problems I think you'll be fine, it may be abit strange for you at first but you will get used to it being there and find you don't really have any limits physically with it.
Sorry can't comment on the exercise as I've only had mine 2 months and Im 28 weeks pregnant so not done much.