1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Fiasp ? Is it no longer working ?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Simmo76, May 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Simmo76

Simmo76 · Member

Hello! Frustrated here lol. My BG is constantly up in double figs 15-27 the last few days.
    No changes except slightly healthier diet if anything....can Fiasp stop working after just 11 months?
    Ive been in 7-8s prior to this month.
    X

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sorry things aren't working as they should at the moment!
    What did you change to make your diet heathier? Can it be your carb counting is off with the diet changes, or maybe your I:C ratio has changed?

3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hello @Simmo76

High levels can happen for many reasons, bad sites, illness or infections, stress, hormones, changes in the temperature, insulin can go off too. It’s best to rule these factors out first. If your high levels persist then try some basal fasting to check your background levels, also are you taking insulin for protein, in the absence of carbs we turn protein to glucose, i’d say it’s unlikely Fiasp has stopped working as efficiently though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You could also try changing the cartridge/disposable pen as well if you haven't already, just in case its a dodgy one

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I agree with what’s already been said.
    How long is it since you started the current cartridge? Do you use anything to keep it cool in hot weather? I’ve found that even with a Frio, my Fiasp loses effectiveness after 11 days when the weather’s hot and I have to change cartridges more frequently.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook