Fiasp ? Is it no longer working ?

Simmo76

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! Frustrated here lol. My BG is constantly up in double figs 15-27 the last few days.
No changes except slightly healthier diet if anything....can Fiasp stop working after just 11 months?
Ive been in 7-8s prior to this month.
X

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No changes except slightly healthier diet if anything.
I'm sorry things aren't working as they should at the moment!
What did you change to make your diet heathier? Can it be your carb counting is off with the diet changes, or maybe your I:C ratio has changed?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Simmo76

High levels can happen for many reasons, bad sites, illness or infections, stress, hormones, changes in the temperature, insulin can go off too. It’s best to rule these factors out first. If your high levels persist then try some basal fasting to check your background levels, also are you taking insulin for protein, in the absence of carbs we turn protein to glucose, i’d say it’s unlikely Fiasp has stopped working as efficiently though.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You could also try changing the cartridge/disposable pen as well if you haven't already, just in case its a dodgy one

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I agree with what’s already been said.
How long is it since you started the current cartridge? Do you use anything to keep it cool in hot weather? I’ve found that even with a Frio, my Fiasp loses effectiveness after 11 days when the weather’s hot and I have to change cartridges more frequently.

Vamppir8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly that been on it since October, Monday before last became insulin resistant over night! Sunday fine, 1 to 10, Monday 26 units, been double ever since on breakfast but fine on lunch and tea. Swapped vials, pens. Today 28 units instead of usual 8 two weeks ago, and was at it for 5 hrs. Unit every 15 minutes watching it on diabox take me down. 5, then start rising again and again like a saw blade. Drs said ring 111, sent to a&e, bloods after waiting 2 hrs 7.6 sent me to drs, nobody wants to know. Per chance had a diabetic review at hospital, couldn't get me out quick enough. Everything consultant said, nurse corrected him on (late 70s) just like, oh well, go home and die, we don't want to be late home. We are literally on our own.

• Hug
Reactions: oldgreymare