Finally Cracked

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Same I'm still unsure as I had a whole hour today were I thought that I felt absolutely fine, but then it all went. We'll see, You never know, we might both be surprised in the end :lol:

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Weeezer did you find you would just cry uncontrollably for no reason at all?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Faith* said:
Robinredbreast said:
Aaahhh faith bless your heart, things just come to ahead sometimes. I look after my elderly parent, its very hard and I had to get up there yesterdaymorning, Sundaym, by taxi, because he was taken ill, I was very worried, GP came to see him at 4,45pm, a relative was sounding off on the phone, but I felt so alone, just waiting on my own, trying to clear up stuff and a few tears as well, hoping he would be ok. I do understand where you are coming from. It's hard being a carer and trying to cope with medical issues as well, juggling so many balls in the air. Hang on in there, your partner sounds wonderful and I'm sure your wedding will be wonderful too. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're not superwoman and you can't do it all.

Take care with my very best wishes RRB : )

Thank you. How long have you been caring for your parent? Hope they're ok? I find that too, family get involved expecting you to take care of it all. My family don't help. They just praise me for 'having to deal with my mother'. I think only now do I fully understand how mum's felt all these years.

Hi Faith how are you feeling now, any better ???

I have been a carer for 7 years now, It is so lonely at times, my siblings aren't interested at all, but I will keep my parent in his own home for as long as I can, he's not going into a home, even though he will be 90 this year. Thanks for asking.

Take care with best wishes RRB

weeezer

Ummm, no not really. My 'dysfunction' is more anxiousness. Worry and stress contributed, but wouldn't ever have said I'm particularly depressed...until the last couple of episodes of anxiety, where it did push me down because I couldn't see a way to be free of the utter despair it causes when it appears. My symptoms are/were (coz feelin pretty good at mo) more: heart racing, jittery-ness, inability to relax or enjoy anything and inability to sleep. And incessant worrying about health problems.

What you describe sounds like a classic depression symptom? They do say depression and anxiety are linked.

I think, given a chance, the medication will give you a chance to raise your head out of the fog you're in soon. I must say I'm relishing feeling 'normal' and average at the mo. didnt know 'boring' could feel so good! You'll know what I mean soon enough! X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

weeezer

Ummm, no not really. My 'dysfunction' is more anxiousness. Worry and stress contributed, but wouldn't ever have said I'm particularly depressed...until the last couple of episodes of anxiety, where it did push me down because I couldn't see a way to be free of the utter despair it causes when it appears. My symptoms are/were (coz feelin pretty good at mo) more: heart racing, jittery-ness, inability to relax or enjoy anything and inability to sleep. And incessant worrying about health problems.

What you describe sounds like a classic depression symptom? They do say depression and anxiety are linked.

I think, given a chance, the medication will give you a chance to raise your head out of the fog you're in soon. I must say I'm relishing feeling 'normal' and average at the mo. didnt know 'boring' could feel so good! You'll know what I mean soon enough! X

Tommy's Nana

:) Hi I know just how you feel. My husband and I looked after his parents for the last few years, calling every lunchtime and tea times and working full time, we were determined they would not go in a home. Sadly they both died on the same day last september aged 91 and 92 they had been together 70 years! its been tough but its getting a little easier. At the time I didnt feel too well, tired all the time and lost 2 and a half stone in 3 months just thought it was all the running around I was doing, was diagnosed T1 3 weeks after the funeral. Am getting to grips with the diagnosis, and supporting my husband through his grief. Planning a holiday soon and my 50th Birthday bash! look after yourself xx

weeezer

Oops, silly phone sent twice!

And...don't forget, being female you have the added factor of crazy female hormones! They do odd things!

You say the pill affected you and you stopped taking...same here. I haven't needed the pill since the beginning of my relationship (a long time ago! And a long time trying to conceive our kids blah blah) but saw doc at beginning of year about periods all over place & awful pmt (never experienced it before) and several peri-menopausal symptoms. my fsh level was fairly high, indicative of an early menopause somewhere down the road. So she said why not try a progesterone pill (didnt want to, that was like admitting my fertile years were over) - took a few months to get to the point where I was ready, then took the leap. Thought they'd be a great help to the symptoms & mood swings, so was optimistic, until after a week everything started unravelling and i stopped taking them. That was the start of my most recent bout of anxiousness etc.

So, maybe our hormones are in the mix too, jangling everything about! Ahhh to be female!

tizzy

So sorry you feel so bad having been through bad times on and of antidepressants sometimes we just need them my gp explained to me that if the situation you are in is causing depression anti depressants may not help may not but not will not if it is alchemical imbalance of salts in the brain the meds replace them over time so hopefully not needed forever I know someone on a small dose who says if one little pill helps her be happy and not angry and anxious all the time she will take it forever I will say like all meds if you feel they make you feel worse or have side effects change them till you find what helps I had one that made me worse and one that really helped I also found when life was difficult it was as though It was not happening but when the situation improved and every body had forgotten i crashed and became very depressed i sat in the drs once telling of an awfull situation laughing my head of i cant tell you how unfunny it was i hope things will improve with or without pills for you wand have I lovely wedding

Faith*

Dislikes
Hi Faith how are you feeling now, any better ???

I have been a carer for 7 years now, It is so lonely at times, my siblings aren't interested at all, but I will keep my parent in his own home for as long as I can, he's not going into a home, even though he will be 90 this year. Thanks for asking.

Take care with best wishes RRB

Hi, I'm feeling okish. No crying and back to emotionless but I do feel better in that we're doing something about it now.
90 - that's brilliant,and good for you managing to look after him without aid of a home, you deserve a medal, I think all carers do. I don't know how you cope although we all do it for those we love don't we.
Thinking of you both x

Faith*

Dislikes
Thanks weeezer, i'm so glad your starting to have the fog lifted as you say. Fingers and toes all crossed haha
Yes and obviously the link between depression/anxiety/diabetes is quite strong as well from the conversations I've had with everyone on here and 'google' (couldn't be helped lol)

We're definitely not lucky with the hormones. I think when I go back to see my gynae lady I'll just explain that it was adding to my anger and stress and I had to stop taking it. She knew I didn't want to take it anyway. At least whilst I was on it everything was working as normal. I was only taking it as I hadn't had a period for a year but apparently as i've now discovered that could have been because of the stress/depression.

Kit and I sat down last night and he told me to just hand in my notice because I can't carry on like this. I'm petrified i'll not get another job though eek! The agencies have been ringing though so I shouldn't be out of work to long if i did do it....[Thinking]

Faith*

Dislikes
OMG I am so tired. Is this normal after only being on the tablets for 3 days? I think I've cleaned out the coffee!

I've been applying for loads of different jobs. Made the decision to try to stay in work as long as possible until I do find another job though. I had my notice all written out last night but I thought realistically, with the wedding, I need to stay in work as long as I can possibly stomach it :sick:

Still feel flat but relieved that I've made a decision if that makes sense.

Thanks again everyone for hearing me rant, rave and cry x

qbix

Stick with it. I felt totally spaced and **** when I first started on the ads. I don't feel as bad now and I think they are starting to work. You need to give it a month. My wife had to try a few different ones before she found ones that worked for her

weeezer

Yes faith...it's normal! It sounds idiotic but I liked it, it forced me to bed! A place I had been avoiding because it was too quiet & my mind would go overboard (weirdo!) so the tiredness was welcome. Keep going, it will subside.

Great that you've talked it over & made a decision. Now you know you've got a way forward, hope it really helps and it all works out. X

Faith*

Dislikes
Thanks, i'll keep you posted. Don't feel as tired today, got an early night last night so that's good.

Faith*

Dislikes
Hi everyone,
Well it's been about a week and a half. I feel ok ish. I've stopped crying and moping around at least. I've started cleaning everything like I used to and am trying to look at all the things I've got to look forward too. I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction at least. My sugars have been a little all over the place although the doctor did say the citalopram might cause a few hypos, has anyone else found this?
So I think i'm ok, I'm still struggling in work but I'm trying so so soo hard not to quit! I've a job interview in 3 weeks though so fingers crossed.

qbix

Good to hear it. Glad you are feeling better. The Prozac is working for me emotionally, but feel physically rubbish :cry:.

Faith*

Dislikes
It's weird the different side effects. I had terrible stomach cramps from it the other day and I know my diet hasn't changed and I hadn't eaten anything...very odd.

Mind you, I say all this today tomorrow I may be back down in the dumps. :***:

qbix

In fairness I haven't felt 'normal' since starting on insulin. So it could be that or the anti depressants. Hey ho. I did feel particularly rubbish for the first two weeks so stick with it for a while before thinking they are not for you. I have an appointment with the doc on Tuesday to talk about how I am getting on with them.

Faith*

Dislikes
I'll keep my fingers crossed that your appointment with the doc goes ok. I'm due back in 2 weeks I think. How long have you been on insulin? It's unusual for it to make you feel ill, although I've been on it all my life so I can't really comment much. Here's hoping your feeling a little brighter soon though!