Finally Done It..

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In April this year told I was definately type 2 with Hab1c of 48 and now today it's 40. I am so pleased after thinking that my BG's weren't really getting any better and that all my hard work was for nothing. I am so grateful to you all who have responded to my posts and all the encouragement and support that i have received. In 3 months I have lost 45 pounds in weight and reduced my Hba1c's. Still a lot more weight to lose but perhaps with a little more carbs now, such as leafy green veg and a few berries. It is very tempting to think oh i've done it now relax but that will be the first step back to high Bg's and more weight gain. To anyone out there who thinks like I did that ' i will never do it and it isn't working' don't give up if i can do it anyone can. Keep strong and keep on putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there. On Monday I went swimming for the first time in 5 years as i have very limited mobility and am unable to stand for more than 2 to3 minutes. I am feeling as if I am slowly getting some sort of life back. Love to you all.

Reactions: Prem51 and xfieldok

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done keep up the good work!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent effort on your part (we just point you the right way). And well deserved results well done indeed.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
That is brilliant, each day is a fresh start and will have its own challenges. Please keep on posting, let us know how your swimming improves and your bg.

Reactions: Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What positive results. Excellent weight loss in such a short space of time and grest reduction in hba1c. And back to swimming. Really happt for you. Treat yourself to some cream with those berries!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I can certainly appreciate your joy in the improvement in your mobility and this is all down to your hard work and persistance, long may it continue. Well done, lass, keep up the great work!