Fireman Sam

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
I just read the BBC have axed Fireman Sam due to PC fire chiefs. It was too male and put some women off joining the service!? The women I know wouldn't let Fireman Sam put them off doing anything they wanted to.

Good gracious, what's the world coming to. I used to enjoy watching fireman Sam and Bob the builder with my grandson. But that unbearably know it all, Wendy, was no doubt a compensating factor, but it may have put me off being a builder if I had grown up a snowflake male! :)
D.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi,
I just read the BBC have axed Fireman Sam due to PC fire chiefs. It was too male and put some women off joining the service!? The women I know wouldn't let Fireman Sam put them doing anything they wanted to.

Good gracious, what's the world coming to. I used to enjoy watching fireman Sam and Bob the builder with my grandson. But that unbearably know it all, Wendy, was no doubt a compensating factor, but it may have put me off being a builder if I had grown up a snowflake male! :)
D.

Stupid is, stupid does :banghead:

Reactions: lindisfel

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
The world gets crazier by the day and there's nothing we can do about it.

Reactions: lindisfel

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The world hasnt gone crazy, reporting on it has.

I'm now 50 years old but when I hit 17 I went to enrol at the local RAF office. I wanted to fly a fighter jet. Some obnoxious old fart decided I couldnt fly said fighter jet as I was female and it wasnt done. I questioned this only for him to bumble over his words, go red in the face and start spitting like a goose protecting his property. Apparently back in 1987 a woman couldnt fly a plane due to her being a woman and having the dreaded 'curse' each month. Apparently didnt go too well with gforce.

It was explained that they were crying out for more people to do the desk jobs, which I obviously didnt want. Fast forward a couple of decades and women now even go into battle as a soldier, my word. I was born in the wrong time period. If I were my daughter I'd probably have all sorts of different opportunites available to me.

And mine wasnt reported on, you didnt do that thing back then. You just sucked it up buttercup and moved on.

And what did I go on to do for a job - I ran offices as an office manager or a p.a. Very girlie and sedate