First HBA1C-5.6%!!!

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Yay lm so happy! Just goes to show low carb and exercise works and treat- and feeling 10x better than l did before diagnosed!!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Well done Claridge.

A great result for you. Give yourself a treat today. :D

Ken.

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Congratulations Claridge - really well done.

Rita

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Absolutely delighted for you Claridge, you thoroughly deserve your success! :D
I know a few 'non-diabetics' that don't have HbA1c's as good as yours!

All the best,

fergus

Serial45

Nice results mate, can I just ask what kind of things you eat on an average day and what kind of exercise you do? Thanks in advance.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we do that. 8)

An excellent job done, Claridge!

Best regards,
timo.

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Yay thank you all! I treated myself to half a bar of dark choccie and a capuccino :) No point in overdoing it ;)

Exercise: Each day walking to stations- 1 hr of walking.
Wednesday night- dancing. Sat day- tennis/jogging. Sunday- swimming and session at gym. Other days l go to the gym and do either a class or generally- 5 mins on rower, 10 mins on running machine (incline 5 as gets the heart rate up), weights etc.

Eating: Everything low carb and no sugar. I make everything myself. Eat loads of meat and veg.
Breakkie- fried kale with bacon, eggs, sometimes meat. Lunch- salads or leftover dinners, Dinner- meat and veg, curry, fish and veg. I snack LOADS- raw brocolli etc, nuts, yogart with blueberries.

Hope that helps- can give more specific meal ideas if you want.
xxx

Serial45

claridge said:
Yay thank you all! I treated myself to half a bar of dark choccie and a capuccino :) No point in overdoing it ;)

Exercise: Each day walking to stations- 1 hr of walking.
Wednesday night- dancing. Sat day- tennis/jogging. Sunday- swimming and session at gym. Other days l go to the gym and do either a class or generally- 5 mins on rower, 10 mins on running machine (incline 5 as gets the heart rate up), weights etc.

Eating: Everything low carb and no sugar. I make everything myself. Eat loads of meat and veg.
Breakkie- fried kale with bacon, eggs, sometimes meat. Lunch- salads or leftover dinners, Dinner- meat and veg, curry, fish and veg. I snack LOADS- raw brocolli etc, nuts, yogart with blueberries.

Hope that helps- can give more specific meal ideas if you want.
xxx

Nice one mate, yeah I'm on day three of a similar diet atm, how do you find your energy levels after excercise? do you take extra carbs after exercise?

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
not a diet just a more healthy way of eating :)
At first l was quite tired after exercise- then someone noted l didnt drink during exercise- now l have a 75cl bottle of water with me and drink the whole thing during exercise and more afterwards- no longer tired. I go to the gym a lot at lunchtimes and will have some blueberries and yogart and nuts about 11 or so then have my lunch when l get back- l make sure l have meat/fish. I dont ever have any extra carbs though- even if my BS is good as l dont want to put any strain on pancreas. But a little low carb fruit (berries) with yogart l treat myself too- the fat in the yogart (full fat) counteracts the carbs in the fruit so my BS doesnt go up too much- if it does l pound the stairs :) I make all my own food so no sugar at all. I dont even treat myself as my tastebuds might get addicted haha. I actually prefer non carby no sugar foods- so yummy! MY BS was 60 which was fab! Due to the daily exercise! When l first started this l had to be very strict and be slightly flexible- l had numerous spreadsheets and people must have thought l was mad walking up and down the work stairs! But now l dont record and dont need any additional carbs since lm on low insulin l dont have big lows or highs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Well done Claridge!
that'll show'em

Romola

Well done :D

I was delighted when my GP rang to tell me that I had a "perfect"result of 6.0 recently on my first test too.

I am not able to excercise a great deal, and, like you, I embarked on a healthy eating regime - in my case it was low glycemic load rather than low carbs - but of course, it involves restricting carbs quite a lot.

I think we are lucky, in that we were probably diagnosed at an early stage, when it is easier to control bg by diet and exercise.

So pleased that you treated yourself to some goodies - my DN is very keen on the idea of treats from time to time - although my bar of choc is still waiting in the cupboard. I will have some when I have gained my desired BMI of under 25 - not far to go!

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Yay well done to you too! My problem is if l treat myself l will end up eating the whole thing! However now my treats have become healthy treats so its all good.... strawberries and creme, yogart and blueberries!

dragongirl

That's brilliant, Claridge. Something for newcomers to this regime like me to aim at. Out of curiosity, what is a non-diabetic HBA1c normally? Or do they never have it tested?!

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Yes my Diabetic nurse and Doctor were both very impressed! She laughs as she can see lm a different person- when she first met me l was all into going out loads and drinking... now l try to stay in more and look after myself and try not to drink. I had 7 years of going out partying in London and drinking loads- my body just couldnt copy with the alcohol- thank goodnes l dont have to put up with those awuful hangovers any more!