First Hba1c Since Diagnosis

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 months into Low carb (40g ish) and in ketosis. I was diagnosed at 54. Now at 44.

Ive lost 12kg (26lbs) which is 14% of my starting weight.

I’ve lost between 2 and 3 inches off my bust,waist and hips. An inch off thighs and arms.

Happy with that

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3 months into Low carb (40g ish) and in ketosis. I was diagnosed at 54. Now at 44.

Ive lost 12kg (26lbs) which is 14% of my starting weight.

I’ve lost between 2 and 3 inches off my bust,waist and hips. An inch off thighs and arms.

Happy with that
Winner winner chicken dinner- no potatoes:) what a fabulous result in such a short space of time. You should be very pleased indeed.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is a great achievement. You should be proud. What has your doctor/nurse had to say? :)

Reactions: Debandez

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is a great achievement. You should be proud. What has your doctor/nurse had to say? :)

No idea. DN off on long term sick and never see same gp twice and practice chronically understaffed. It took a week to even get the results signed off so I could see them. No idea when I should even be seeing someone next. Was never told when to go back. Just going to keep doing what I’m doing for another 3 months and request more tests via online request then.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for you kind words. I’m feeling very smug (and relieved) and intend to enjoy that feeling for a little while.

Reactions: Safi

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!