First Hba1C under 40 5.5%

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed when 110kg in August 2016. lost lots of weight hit 90kg about a year ago. Since then my weight loss has pretty much stalled. I can reliably lose 2-5 kg with a period of semi starvation, but that comes back with actual food. The cool thing though is that despite not losing the weight my metabolic health continues to to improve . 6.1% Dec 2017, 5.5% Dec 2017 .
Hopefully this will give heart to the many of us finding it hard to move to a different platuu - ie. even if your weight isn't changing your underlying health is !

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats, @CherryAA. A lot of hard work and wonderful results.

Thanks, I must admit I did wonder if I was ever going to actually get under 40, that last few has been a long slow haul. I have no idea why my body seems so fixated on my current weight, but its'great to see that the actual metabolic issues are going away anyway. This is also the very first year in my life, where after a massive weight loss and long stall, I am actually ending the year smaller than I started it - so that's a big big win too!

Reactions: Guzzler and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I must admit I did wonder if I was ever going to actually get under 40, that last few has been a long slow haul. I have no idea why my body seems so fixated on my current weight, but its'great to see that the actual metabolic issues are going away anyway. This is also the very first year in my life, where after a massive weight loss and long stall, I am actually ending the year smaller than I started it - so that's a big big win too!

I agree with you that blood sugars are way more important than weight loss. Getting to 5.5% is a wonderful achievement.

If I remember correctly you've also seen your fasting insulin levels come down significantly this year. So, this might help too with future weight loss.

I always enjoy your posts, updates and experiments. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: CherryAA

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with you that blood sugars are way more important than weight loss. Getting to 5.5% is a wonderful achievement.

If I remember correctly you've also seen your fasting insulin levels come down significantly this year. So, this might help too with future weight loss.

I always enjoy your posts, updates and experiments. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I think so many of us here have now got a lot of knowledge, so the more it gets shared the better. If you think about it, nutrition is the one thing that the entire human race MUST DO. And now we all have the tools to see exactly what food does to us. If the treatment for myriad diseases starts off with - " get the diet right", then frankly we can sort that bit out for ourselves. If researchers insist on investigating alleyways that are designed to create drugs to replace something we can in the main do for ourselves through nutrition, then eventually they will be pointless to the process.

I'm hoping that with a continued focus on LCHF coupled with big meal intervals ( of varying levels) then eventually my insulin levels will truly become low I have no idea what they are today, though I'm assuming that if I had an Hba1C of 44 and insulin of 8.3, it seems safe to assume that much of the time,the insulin number must be lower now with Hba1Cof 36. .
I do know that I am healthier today than I have been for 20 years and I look better too. I am just grateful that I found out quickly what I needed to do. The people here helped point the way, so a big thank you to everyone!

I think we will look back on 2017 and say - that's when this all started to come together. So many consistent stories, so many illnesses and so much evidence now all backing up and being confirmed what most of us already know ourselves from our own N=1 experiments.

So much evidence now implicating hyper-insulinaemia as a root cause of so many things.

In the end an intelligent human being with a personal interest in the outcome, regardless of his medial qualifications, is way more likely to provide insights into the situation - through a razor sharp focus and self interest, than any number of professionals diligently working hard within a system designed for failure still focused on outdated paradigms. Give me an engineer's view any day over that!

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing results @CherryAA ....... congratulations! Two years in and I'm still waiting to get below HbA1c 40 although fasting insulin tested twice in low 3s and 22% weight loss down to 59kg. Next HbA1c in June so fingers crossed!

Your posts and blogs are truly informative and inspire me to keep persevering ..... thank you :)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@CherryAA that's fantastic! Happy new year to you! I love your posts - I know I'm type 1 rather than type 2 but I learn so much from you. #cherryinspiration

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the kind words. I think for all of us sharing what we found out and hopefully encouraging a few more people to have the courage to give it a try gives a great feeling . It is such a shame that it's so hard to get the message across in the face of the time of dreadful advice still doing the rounds .

If anyone has found anything I have posted intetestong then please take the time to look at The fat emperor _ Ivor Cummings _ some really interesting YouTube presentations particularly on the fundamental role that hyperinsulinaemia plays in all this and disease in general .

One thing I find fascinating is that we have now really reached the stage where some major breakthroughs are bring made by self interested individuals with zero medical knowledge who are using the skill sets they were trained in to make deductions based on what happens in entirely different fields.

I think that shift will consolidate in the next few years as individuals , anecdotes and ideas coalesce over the internet to override old paradigms .

Happy new year to everyone !